Forum

Forum » News

Behavioural Guidelines

1. Corey Gradilla @ 20 Mar 2008 02:37:26 AM
    In part to a lot of what has been going on. Everyone has been entitled to, a lot participate, in having an account on each of the Three servers. Yes everyone has a main server the play on. We all have biased opinions about our respected server. It's natural.

But what needs to stop in the forums is this hateful negative attitude. (From EVERYONE on EVERY server. )

What will not be tolerated: (and will result in a forum ban and/or possible termination from other servers)

- Coming onto another server and starting threads "MDx Sucks, MDx is better, ect. ect."

- Telling people to STFU and go back to MDx

- Basically any and all trash talk back and forth from server to server. A common saying "If you don't have anything good to say, Don't say anything at all"

Negative threads started for the sole purpose of running a player down. Will not be tolerated on the forums.

Yes this is a mafia game, but it isn't a childhood playground that most of you are turning the forums into.

Any threads started on these grounds, and posts made in a thread that covers these should and will be deleted by a Forum Mod. If the forum mods are not capable of doing these tasks, new ones will be appointed.

Now, this does not mean we have to act like everything is puppies and rainbows. People have their disagreements. It is human nature. We shouldn't delete a thread just because it gets heated. But all posts in that thread should maintain some decency.

Name calling and insulting should not be taken out of line. There is a way to argue sensibly. Do it.

Note to GM's
    Our mail system should be ran under these same guidelines. If people can not comply to it. Ban their mail for 2-3 days.

- Dave
  2. Halifax @ 20 Mar 2008 02:43:36 AM
    word, cotton!
  3. Peter Griffin @ 20 Mar 2008 02:43:37 AM
    Thank you Dave... +1 ;)
  4. Mr.Blood™ @ 20 Mar 2008 02:44:59 AM
    +1 dave. I agree 110%!!
  5. Tarra Shuford @ 20 Mar 2008 02:47:23 AM
    "this was provoked by the behavior of some of the people on md1..."

ban
  6. Tarra Shuford @ 20 Mar 2008 02:49:11 AM
    "LOL i got to it before you teh"

Id probably curse you out or something...but with the new rules maybe ill just send some floweres :D
  7. Peter Griffin @ 20 Mar 2008 02:55:15 AM
    I would love to get the forum behavior under control... I have seen problems with insults and name calling on all three servers...
  8. Blade @ 20 Mar 2008 03:08:01 AM
    +1
  9. [D†P] ♕Mr.Anonymous♕ @ 20 Mar 2008 06:59:44 AM
    Good stuff
  10. [ND] Davetcb @ 20 Mar 2008 07:28:39 AM
    finally.
    gor real tired about these things.
  11. Kenpachi Zaraki™ @ 20 Mar 2008 08:37:03 AM
    So I take it this is no longer a MAFIA game. Next comes No arguments at all. Spam is Spam. If it doesn't belong in a thread. Delete or whatever. Just blatantly excessive cussing. Delete or whatever. But how to play the role of a mobster when I gotta keep it under PG rating? I don't talk a lot of crap to anyone, but that's because I'm more the strong silent type. But I don't care if other people talk noise. Mixed opinion....
  12. Kenpachi Zaraki™ @ 20 Mar 2008 08:46:10 AM
    Agree with Dave on cross server, excessive trash talk. Doesn't make the game more entertaining. You aren't motivated to train up or anything because you can't really affect them at all. Just useless waste of trash talk.
  13. ~~~Lurk~~~ @ 21 Mar 2008 09:40:34 AM
    ''Negative threads started for the sole purpose of running a player down. Will not be tolerated on the forums.''

So what happens if a player is harrassing you, scamming you or being a general idiot against you? You can't make it public in the forums now?
    I mean they're the only reasons you would make a negative thread about someone, surely?
  14. Nova Golia @ 22 Mar 2008 12:14:37 AM
    This was needed dave. ;)