Forum

Forum » General Chat

It just occured to me...

1. [D†P] CriPpLeR™ @ 11 Jun 2018 11:50:47 AM
    MD2 right now feels like a glimpse into old age...

Your wife has left you, your family never come around to visit and most of your friends are dead

Fuck me :eek:
  2. [T~K] ~ Fish ~ @ 11 Jun 2018 09:32:08 PM
    But if you ever actually stuck around online, you could have new friends :mwah:
  3. [D†P] CriPpLeR™ @ 12 Jun 2018 09:48:23 AM
    New friends like you? :weh:

You're starting to sound like a mini Dino
  4. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 12 Jun 2018 10:39:50 AM
    Don't worry fish that's a compliment :razz:
  5. [T~K] ~ Fish ~ @ 12 Jun 2018 03:07:24 PM
    Dinosauruses evolved from Fishes :nut:
  6. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 12 Jun 2018 03:13:38 PM
    Nope Gezuz put our bones in the dirt too trick you
  7. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 12 Jun 2018 03:23:58 PM
    Also the title makes me think of old man by Neil young :cool:
  8. [D†P] CriPpLeR™ @ 12 Jun 2018 03:34:19 PM
    Don't tarnish my thread with your 'easy listening' fancies
  9. [D†P] QuikStix @ 12 Jun 2018 04:12:36 PM
    ‘Friends’ are over-rated :hmm:
  10. [L~W] Biebsauce @ 12 Jun 2018 11:44:05 PM
    There's little of interest here anymore. The updates that were meant to increase activity were short sighted and created an environment where memories and nostalgia couldn't keep this place going. Instead of being able to try and bring old players back through the nostalgia factor, plus updates and new players. We now have a self pruning community engine that removes any aspect of the game that old players might be interested in.

There's hardly any gangs left. When old players drop in to say hi, they notice their gang tag is missing. They notice the website is basically identical to what it used to be, with maybe a few minor updates to graphics and systems depending on when they quit. Gangs are what people worked hard to make the best, gangs are what made this game into a bunch of tightly knit groups of players competing to be the best. This pride is what made the drama, the scandals, the heartache. Whenever a major gang capsized for a reason, it was huge news because there was definitely a scandal behind it.

The game has been designed to delete itself, and Dave seems to be perfectly okay with it. The competition has been dead for years, the player base is essentially unaffected materially or emotionally from hits.

The passion that made this game entertaining is dead. A platform that remained at least sustainable for over a decade, couldn't even get updates to the mobile market, facebook market or even a viable mobile version of the site has to be created. The current mobile site is a joke, and it was released at least six years too late.

This game had so much talent in it's player base, and Dave refused to utilize it. Instead his partners, who also did basically all the work, left and Dave squandered whatever funds he had left instead of developing a system that was easy to work on and expandable. This left him with the dilemma of releasing a new core that the players were demanding, Dave "fake" sold to a company called S3 Studios which is really just his failed attempt at an internet development company. The Facebook and Google+ pages haven't been updated in 7 years. The last Facebook post was about releasing the new core.

Time and time again Dave has failed us, and this time his failure has successfully killed what Mafiadeath was. Something Dave never understood to begin with.
  11. [T~K] ~ Fish ~ @ 13 Jun 2018 02:42:42 AM
    :eek:

We're having competitions on MD1 and still have new players joining sometimes :razz:
  12. [T~K] ~ Fish ~ @ 13 Jun 2018 02:44:53 AM
    No wonder Dino sold me a rare at a decent price.... :shifty:
  13. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 17 Jun 2018 09:06:43 PM
    lol decent price :haha: