Forum

Forum » Help

New Core FAQ

1. [#14] pippen=admin @ 05 Sep 2011 03:41:37 PM
    Its been on MD1, but I know you don't all log on there to read. :haha: Here it is.

How has the attack system changed?
    The attack system now scales back stats during battle to lessen what are really minor differences at such high numbers. For example, in the previous system if you had 100 strength and your opponent had 10 defense, you would do between 1 and 90 damage. For the lower end of these numbers this is fine, but when it would get to higher numbers, if the difference in your strength and their defense was only 30,000 and you were both in the hundreds of millions, it's really only a tiny difference.

So the first change is that it scales them back to numbers on the lower end and then calculates the new attack power (which is now approximately 40% to 100% of scaled strength - scaled defense). In addition to this, speed now serves a purpose other than determining who attacks first. Speed is first scaled back and then compared with your opponents speed to determine what their chance of dodging your attacking (ie. your chance of missing them).

The miss chance for any one player is at absolute most 2%, though for players with similar stats the miss percentages for both players will be exactly the same. So if you only have 1,000 speed and your opponent has 100,000, they're not really similar at all, so you'll have a 2% chance of missing each hit you take. If you have 80,000 speed and your opponent has 100,000, your chances of missing might be only 0.5% for each of you.

What's with the recommended stats?
    The recommended stats are mostly just a guideline for what stats you should be near for the level you are at. If you are severely below the recommended stats (eg. like a bunny would be) then any experience a player would usually gain from you is throttled to a much lower amount.

If you're only just below the recommended stats, or above on most, then you'll either not be affected in any way at all, or the experience gained from you will only be reduced slightly.

What does crime mastery do?
    Crime mastery is currently only on the "Rob A Bank" crime. When this crime is successfully mastered it allows you to participate in the gang crime "Rob the Federal Reserve."

The mastery system is setup to restrict certain crimes from being done until a previous one has been mastered, also to allow for extra experience/money gains when one has been mastered, allow certain gang crimes to be joined, etc. More crimes utilising these new features will be added in the future.

Where has voting gone?
    Voting has been removed as many of the people only click it to get the points and don't vote, and the number of new players coming from these sites were of little benefit.

It has been replaced with a reward for number of consecutive days active. For example, if today is the first time you've been active in a few days, it'll make note of the time you first came on, then in 24-48 hours from that time, if you're active again, it'll give you a reward, and repeat.

The first time the reward will be 5 points, the next it'll be 10, next 15, next 20, and lastly it'll be 25 for the next day and any days thereafter.

Why can't I bust people in another city?
    Busting has been changed this way for a few reasons. The first reason is to deter people from city in cities on their own and not interacting with other players until they choose to leave. This way these players will either have to work along side a fellow player or work to procure Prison Cell Keys. The second reason is just as simple as that it makes more sense... if you can only attack people in the same place as you, you really should only be able to bust people out of prison in the same place as you!

Where do I find Prison Cell Keys?
    Prison Cell Keys can be found occassionally from the "Assault a Prison Worker" crime and the "Assault a Police Officer" crime. The drop rate on these two crimes differ, and the Police Officer one will only drop keys for people level 100 and below.

What's with Jobs now?
    You need to clock in to your jobs daily now before you will get any of the pay/benefits from them. This was introduced to prevent inactive accounts from accumulating large quantities of currency and to encourage activity.

How do I find out what the Hidden Medals are?
    Hidden Medals are named that for a reason! They're meant to be extra medals you can gain without realising they're a goal. If you're incredibly keen on getting them, you can ask about, or look at other players' profiles and try and guess what you need to do by looking at the name of the medals.

Where did the Money HoF go?
    As the Hall of Fame only updates once daily now, the Money HoF was made useless for anyone using it for mugging. The exact same thing can be accomplished by going to the Search page now and selecting "Order/Sort by Money" option. From there you can save your search and bookmark the saved search if you want a quicklink for it or a quick way to refresh the page.

Why don't YouTube autoplay videos work anymore?
    They were 'banned' previously, but any workarounds done for them will no longer work.

Instead, if you want a video to autoplay, the correct (and only) way to do it is:
    [youtube=autoplay]CODE[/youtube]

For anyone who doesn't like autoplay videos, you can make it so no videos will autoplay by going Edit Account > Game Options and turning off autoplay.

What is this about Experience Boosts?
    When the Hospital counter gets to numbers above 200 or so, EXP boosts start to kick in with any battles won during that time. The higher the hospital counter gets the higher the EXP boosts become. So going on rampages and such will be of benefit to you and all others online!

Where did my Coloured Name go?
    If your Coloured Name has disappeared it is because you no longer have RM status on your account. In the previous core it was actually a glitch where your coloured names would still display after RM status had run out.

What is the difference between Point Dealer points?
    The Point Dealer points can only be used within the Point Shop (eg. to refill energy, nerve, awake, etc.) and can not be traded between players or donated to gangs, etc.

Premium points are just the 'regular' points. These can be traded amongst yourselves, sold on the market, donated to gangs, and whatnot.

If you have both types of points, Point Dealer points will always be used first when doing refills/etc and your regular points will only be used when you've run out of the Point Dealer ones.

The reason for the fixed price Premium points is because a lot of people would buy points from the dealer purely for resale, completely defeating the purpose of the Point Dealer in the first place. It was introduced as a way for players to get more points for training only, not for making a profit on.

What does the Vault Condition mean?
    Whilst your Vault Condition is at or above 95% it means all money stored (up to the secure storage amount) is safe from theft. If your Vault Condition drops below 95%, more and more of the stored money will be gradually vulnerable to theft from other players.

To increase the condition of the vault, your gang must complete the "Repair Vault" gang crimes. Each time you repair the vault, the condition will improve, and it will not deteriorate for another 24+ hours since the last repair.

Why do I always fail with mugging?
    If you are trying to mug a player with anything less than $100 on hand, you will fail automatically. If you're only mugging for just over $100, the experience gained from each mug will be much less than if you were mugging a player with a significant amount of money on hand.

Why can't I send items to anyone?
    Items are now sent to other players via their profile. There is now a "Send Item" link right next to the "Send Money" and "Send Points" options.

What do the +/- numbers in brackets next to my HoF rankings mean?
    If there is a positive number next to one of your rankings it means that is the number of places you have moved upwards in the Hall of Fame for that group. If there is a negative number, it means you've moved downwards that many places. If there is no number, it means there is no change in your rank since yesterday.

Why does the Refill & Retry button not give me 100 nerve on the Crime screen?
    The Refill & Retry button does exactly that. It refills 100 of your nerve and then proceeds to use the required nerve for the crime you're doing. So if you're doing a 50 nerve crime, have no nerve left, and then hit the Refill & Retry button. Your nerve will be filled 100, then have 50 removed for the crime, and it will display as 50 nerve left on your bar.

I don't like the new core, change it back. PS. Fuck you.
    Sorry, it's staying this way! :smile:
  2. Brook Kirkby @ 05 Sep 2011 03:42:48 PM
    Add this in here for now:haha:

Ok so 2% is the magic number here now. What happens with def players is the account with more speed gets up to a 2% HP bonus. This works off a variable based of 2% of your level. So if you are level 500 2% of that is 10, so that means any def player within plus or minus 10 levels of you that has considerably more speed than you has a 2% hp bonus on you and can win now. So for example level 250 has a 5 level variable.

This affects speed players with a 2% random loss factor if they have no defense. This means speed players can lose to anyone at any given time by a random 2% chance no matter what the stats are. So roughly 2 out of 100 hits you could miss your hits. If the player you missed on has more strength than your defense then they can and will kill you.

The other thing that has happened here is hit scaling, your hits now reflect a true numerical difference between your strength and someones defense. So that means no more mega hits from speed strength accounts unless you are hitting an account with no defense.
  3. Stephy! @ 05 Sep 2011 03:47:02 PM
    Massive like.
  4. Yellow Beard @ 05 Sep 2011 03:49:45 PM
    You know, I could have asked a helluva lot less questions if someone had posted this last night. :haha:
  5. [#14] pippen=admin @ 05 Sep 2011 03:51:19 PM
    I wasn't really 'with it' last night or I might have posted it then. :shifty:
  6. Brook Kirkby @ 05 Sep 2011 03:53:08 PM
    Sorry, I was really drunk last night when he did this:haha:
  7. Brick Tamland @ 05 Sep 2011 03:53:16 PM
    This should really get stickied. At least until people are used to the new core.
  8. Cardinal Copia @ 05 Sep 2011 03:54:01 PM
    Question about recommended stats, I'm a str spd player, my def is about 30 m below recomended, can i ignore my def without any consequences? or do ALL stats have to be around or above rec.
  9. Aileen Rasnic @ 05 Sep 2011 03:59:52 PM
    so def accounts still rock if you know what your doing
  10. (-_-)Tazzzz(-_-) @ 05 Sep 2011 04:01:07 PM
    Hopefully some old player come back make this game fun again :razz:
  11. CHEMIST @ 05 Sep 2011 04:01:38 PM
    :scream:
  12. [L~W] Wish2Die @ 05 Sep 2011 04:02:41 PM
    I seriously keep clicking in the wrong places. :haha:
  13. Aileen Rasnic @ 05 Sep 2011 04:03:40 PM
    i need the hof back up so i can buy a new account now only 12 days left i think
  14. [#14] pippen=admin @ 05 Sep 2011 04:23:52 PM
    I will sticky it after a few days of floating around the normal threads. Players are more inclined to look under all the rules/announcements that are stickied. :smile:
  15. Brook Kirkby @ 05 Sep 2011 04:27:49 PM
    For the most part yes you can leave your defense where it is. But training your defense can help you defend against the 2% random misses you may have against other players.

[L~W] MyNameIsDrew™
    406 posts
    05 Sep 2011 10:54:01 AM

Question about recommended stats, I'm a str spd player, my def is about 30 m below recomended, can i ignore my def without any consequences? or do ALL stats have to be around or above rec.