Forum

Forum » Help

Refreshing a link

1. ~BreazyBrea~ @ 26 Aug 2013 08:32:33 PM
    Everytime I try to travel it says I can't because I clicked an incorrect link or tried to refresh the page, also happens when I try to do crimes.
  2. [L~W] Garfield @ 26 Aug 2013 11:08:43 PM
    Probably because you are on phone or and it uses the same link ( or you are clicking the same link saved on your profile or gang forum). MD makes a new link after every crime to stop bots. Any one with more knowledge on this topic, feel free to add to this. Would be nice to read responses!
  3. [T~K] Sheriff Lansky @ 27 Aug 2013 12:07:21 AM
    Crimes and Travel require a unique code, example: 3286fb3f to move forward in their gameplay. As Garf said, people would just refresh their page (refresher bots are too easy to obtain) and people used to send others hidden links that would make them move cities (used ages ago to mug money off those hiding) having a unique code took care of that situation....

When you say every time, do you actually mean every time? Or is it "I've done it like a million times" when it's really ten
  4. [L~W] Biebsauce @ 28 Aug 2013 03:54:52 PM
    The unique code attempted fix was an elementary security measure put into place.

Anyone with knowledge of automation in software would understand why. It just simply forces the user to press the link, a technique that was already perfected for CAPTCHA bots way before MD implemented it.

However like Sheriff has said, it does help with the "hidden link" issue that was happening in the original core.

You can get the message simply by hitting the button twice, which is an amateur coding bug in itself. Fixable with only Javascript I believe.

So the only real thing it does is prevent basic auto-refresh bots and hidden links. Nothing else.