Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Finally time for a merge

1. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 02 Jan 2018 02:46:59 PM
    I main MD2 and while I would much rather MD2 be by itself and active, something about a cake and eating it too. I agree with Crippler, a merge would be better than two dead servers.

Although, I think there should be some sort of compensation given to players for their deleted account. Take away the option to sell the account, make the players choose, and then turn the account's levels and stats into points. This way people don't get so butthurt over the merge like they did with the original round of merges. It'll help soften the blow of all the years of playing being discarded because no one is buying accounts.
  2. ~ Fish ~ @ 05 Feb 2018 09:00:11 PM
    I play both, used to play MDE too.

I fully support a merge and update.

Dave, dump the girl. :haha:
  3. [BDU] Farra @ 06 Feb 2018 08:22:11 AM
    I believe a merge will never happen. The way dave sees the game is that each server is a store that brings its own income. So Why would he combine them and possibly lose half of his transactions?:shifty:
  4. ~ Fish ~ @ 06 Feb 2018 11:57:02 AM
    We all seem to agree that an update that includes repairing gang wars and territory system is overdue and deserved at least :fistpump:
  5. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 06 Feb 2018 04:30:28 PM
    It's a double edged sword Smokey, while you're right that he could technically lose half of his transactions because people only have to purchase one RM now instead of two. Less people will purchase RM's as activity slumps and interest is lost.

So hopefully Dave has a strong background is economics and can figure out where these two slopes intersect, and that day is when Dave should merge us.
  6. Moved @ 09 Feb 2018 06:24:23 AM
    More competition= $$$$ > 2 servers=$$- More people, will create more action, more strife, more logins. ( not the kenny kind).
    MD may get money from all 3 servers like always, and the chase the dream is the idea. So yes, as a still game. He can be making more with both servers, but if it gets picked back up... This format has the ability to make it happen, and enough left of the community to make it work. But yeh only my 2 cents:wink:
  7. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 10 Feb 2018 04:20:41 PM
    If Dave was more open to community input then updates could happen much more frequently. I know for a fact that if he was able to organize information about systems he wanted to build, I would code snippets that he could import into his code after he read it.

Honestly I agree with you DK, if we merged all activity together and rewarded players for their deleted accounts while improving the rate of improvements to the game then this game could easily go back up to 50+ active players a day. Simply fixing the war system and turning it back on would bring back a tremendous amount of activity to the game. MD2 basically dried up without the war system.

The days of wars with no scoreboards are over, new players want to see scoreboards so they can feel good about playing the game. Talking trash, hitting people for talking trash, and caring about getting hit are all relics of the past now. They aren't enough to keep activity alive the same way it was back in the old days.