Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Suggestion, again!

1. [T~K] Sheriff Lansky @ 23 Nov 2011 11:13:02 PM
    How about we actually get Dave to delete all the gangs and everyone go solo for a while? Say 2 weeks. Then allow new gangs to be made, all existing gangs are gone.

People would need to message/use the forums much more, making them make new friends/enemies.

Now I know people say "we've put time and effort into getting gangs to the top" and "being page 1 doesn't make a gang". Both correct. For now. But making a small sacrifice could spark activity, and afterall, we all want that.
    All gangs being made at roughly the same time, with the current EXP gaining system would need active wars. Some people be determined to get be the #1 gang, meaning there'd be competition to get the active members, meaning there'd be wars to prevent opposition from gaining and keeping members.

People have said the merge was wrong, people have said the recore was wrong. Well they were. As a single act they were wrong. But if we did have the merge, the recore and this suggestion, along with what Dave appears to be doing now, this game could pick right back up. But who knows.

Thoughts?
  2. [T~K] Sheriff Lansky @ 23 Nov 2011 11:19:22 PM
    If we do get enough people that "+1" a suggestion, I will push it to Dave. Make him see how highly people see it, argue it. Most suggestions aren't hard to implement.
    Push them on him and he might.
  3. ★Johnny Gat★ @ 23 Nov 2011 11:27:39 PM
    stupid
  4. [T~K] Sheriff Lansky @ 23 Nov 2011 11:30:33 PM
    why's it stupid? There's only old gangs around now, level 3-500, new gangs could never compete with this exp system.
    new gangs would emerge
    it would mean something to be in the top 5 - it doesn't right now.
    there'd be competition between gangs to get members as players' friends may split to different gangs.
  5. ★Johnny Gat★ @ 23 Nov 2011 11:34:08 PM
    older gangs worked hard why punish them for there hard work through the years. Plus gang rankin is pointless only makes it harder to spy on.
  6. [T~K] Sheriff Lansky @ 23 Nov 2011 11:40:53 PM
    It's pointless now, yes. But if this were implemented, and there were a chance of gangs taking over each other, then I'm sure it wouldn't be the same.

Why punish them? We wouldn't be punishing them. It'd come to the end of them. Sure they put in time and effort over the past 2 years, but it could get activity up. Right now, everyone's in the gang they've been in for X amount of time. With few exceptions.

You say being the top isn't anything, page 50 gangs don't get as many applications. Why? Because they're not an established name, they're not a high levelled gang. I honestly think the gang page does have some impact on the members joining it.

Implementing this suggestion would cause new gangs to emerge, rise and fall. Players to join new gangs, create new gangs, be encouraged to participate in an active war.
  7. Peter Griffin @ 24 Nov 2011 12:30:43 AM
    It's a good idea except. Dave should have done it when he made this new recode.

It's one of those type of ideas. Where matters how much majority like it. Minority will hate it.

Same reason why when doomsday finally happens. When md2 merges with md1.

Dave could just reset md and start everyone over.
  8. Lolly @ 24 Nov 2011 02:45:07 AM
    I like it. Would bring some new life and competition to the game.
  9. [T~K] Sheriff Lansky @ 27 Nov 2011 11:56:45 PM
    up.