Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Big ask, but I think it's needed.

1. Jersey MacManus @ 08 Jan 2012 12:22:31 AM
    Removed both PD points and Points per level cap.
    Why?

The Points per level cap
    Because everyone's got their bank maxed out right now. We can't buy more points because it takes ages to level. We can't level with points because we can't buy more points until we have levelled.
    I see that it was intended to do what we all asked, to make it easier for lower levelled players to catch up, but I think this is far too extreme. This is slowing us all down far too much.
    The main point of having cash was to buy points with. Sure, we needed to buy certs/kits/equipment with, but that was rare. You fork out quite a bit for certs/kits but then it lasts a while. Now we don't have much to spend on. Banners? Rarely are new banners made. Items, yeah, but we've always had money for items and points, so we still have more money.

Point Dealer points
    I just don't get the point in them. So that people can't flip points for a profit? Well that was kind of a good thing, people bought the bigger packs for cheaper prices and sold them at cheaper prices than the average person could afford.
    I know points are made for training/levelling but I mean, I don't see the problem with using them as a currency as well. It just saves people the trouble of making the money and going directly to the point dealer.

So this is my opinion. Thoughts?
  2. ••THË••HØTT¥••™ @ 08 Jan 2012 12:54:50 AM
    I could deal with the Bank Cap, but but this Points Per Level Cap lark annoys me...

And as for the Point Dealer points, I think I will hit the nail on the head with that one.

My opinion is "That's just there to increase Dave's back pocket income, from people who wish to buy points packs with RL cash"

Like House said, I used to also enjoy buying and flipping my points for cash but ever since these two separate point systems were introduced, I just don't see the relevance the "Point Market" has to the game, as I hardly ever see anyone selling them on there, and that goes for all MD servers..

Rant over, but in this case I totally agree with this opinion and thank House on bringing it to mind!!!
  3. Jersey MacManus @ 08 Jan 2012 01:02:18 AM
    I don't think it is necessarily Dave trying to squeeze cash from us. I think he did intend on closing the gap between new members and the current HOF, but I mean, there's no relevance of having money. I can't buy more points, I don't need kits, I don't need certs.
    This also makes the point market empty. Without people constantly buying points, their banks get high, everyone's does, they can't buy points from dealers, they can't buy points from the game. They're not going to sell their points, even for a high price. They couldn't put the money anywhere, and even then they have nothing to do with the money...?
  4. Lolly @ 08 Jan 2012 03:55:06 AM
    I don't see how dave couldn't see this coming though? Cause points were the main thing in use that went back to the game because of training. Once people couldn't get their hands on em because of the point per level cap they would have nothing to do with their money. And the people with points sure as hell aren't going to sell theirs cause they can't get anymore. That just seems easy to figure out.

Not being able to buy points=more money than the game can handle.
  5. TRADER @ 08 Jan 2012 02:31:50 PM
    Newbies start.

They sell points for cash for their house/land.

Players buy points with their cash.

The game is missing Newbies.
  6. †Sαᴅίsτ @ 08 Jan 2012 05:31:50 PM
    if dealer points could b used as a currency like normal points everyone on this server would be pretty happy i think...
    thing is higher level players dont have anything to spend the money on while lower levels aka noobs get a hard time saving money for gear, house land etc. at both ends it starts to suck and get boring eventually...

i think house is right there needs to be something done about this.
    seriously bring some change plz
  7. Jersey MacManus @ 08 Jan 2012 11:33:36 PM
    Exactly.all there are right.if there were enough noobs perhaps we seouldnt be in such a mess. But still some sort of mess as most points you get a s a noon are non transferable.
  8. TRADER @ 09 Jan 2012 04:09:51 PM
    It's the start of the end i feel.
  9. Jersey MacManus @ 09 Jan 2012 05:36:34 PM
    I completely agree, Trader. I think it will be a slow ending. We can still merge MD1/2, some would carry on playing. But I don't know.
    It's not too late, Dave could save it in the next couple of weeks to a month.

I don't really see why any of said features are needed. I know it's to help new players, but there's plenty of other ways to help them without putting the higher levels at a disadvantage.
  10. Jersey MacManus @ 09 Jan 2012 07:28:27 PM
    - RMs cannot be purchased from other players - they sell for 500-600 points, people don't make that many points that often. People won't sell for cash because they can't buy points...?
  11. Gðl D Rðgér™ @ 10 Jan 2012 02:26:10 PM
    Dave = ignorant...

that all i have to say none of the games ive maked went dying this way.....

they were good untill the day i either sold em or shut them down cause i felt like it...and no dont be mad thoose i shut down was free games with no real moneyes involved so i just fucked them up a little:haha:
  12. Jersey MacManus @ 10 Jan 2012 09:40:02 PM
    Im not here to insult Dave, or say that this is the end of the game because its dead. I think Dave made a bad decision and I strongly advise he reverses it as I see something going majorly wrong if it does change.
  13. Jersey MacManus @ 12 Jan 2012 09:57:52 PM
    up.
  14. Gðl D Rðgér™ @ 13 Jan 2012 05:57:23 AM
    well house the trith can hurt sometimes i dont insult that dave kid either im just telling the fucker whats happening:haha: