Forum

Forum » Suggestions

MD1 and MD2 merge.

1. Jersey MacManus @ 02 Feb 2012 06:19:14 PM
    Do you want it? Why?

I can only think of positives that would come from it. Sure, you don't necessarily like not being able to trade from there, you don't like not being as high in the HOF, but you'll still be able to kill the same amount of people, if not more. That's the only negatives that could be said of it, and in theory, they're not negative.

I don't want people saying "No, just because I don't like to merge". I want real answers and explanations.
  2. GREENMONSTER @ 02 Feb 2012 06:30:12 PM
    No, I like seeing "Strength: 29th" on my home page. And I don't like MD1ers
  3. Heizenberg @ 02 Feb 2012 06:43:36 PM
    itll just be the same as the md2 and md3 merge a boost in activity for a bit but overall itll wind up the same way
  4. Rabid Dog @ 02 Feb 2012 06:50:39 PM
    Most people play all servers so no real net increase in players.

with time freed up from 1 less server people may start playing a different game increasing the chance of loosing instead of gaining players.
  5. [D†P] Sultan Griis @ 02 Feb 2012 06:53:04 PM
    No! :fury:
  6. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 02 Feb 2012 07:05:51 PM
    YES! :shy:
  7. McFluffyface @ 02 Feb 2012 07:40:17 PM
    Yay another merge thread:facepalm:
  8. filipe @ 02 Feb 2012 07:42:34 PM
    not another merge:shoopdawhoop:
  9. Jersey MacManus @ 02 Feb 2012 08:33:23 PM
    I don't see why people are against it.

No, I like seeing "Strength: 29th" on my home page. And I don't like MD1ers

I know the HOF will go down, but you'll be able to kill more people than you can currently. I know more could kill you, but wouldn't you prefer to be playing on a more active server but a little weaker?
    You may not like the MD1ers. But I can say that you don't dislike everyone there, there, just the people you've spoken to. I'm sure there's some people you dislike here too.

itll just be the same as the md2 and md3 merge a boost in activity for a bit but overall itll wind up the same way

True. But MD2 and MD3 were pretty much the same, activity wise. We probably have the same now. But MD1 was always much higher than MD2 or MD3 in activity. Merging the two would only make it go down to what MD1 is at the minimum, which is still higher than our current activity.

Most people play all servers so no real net increase in players.

with time freed up from 1 less server people may start playing a different game increasing the chance of loosing instead of gaining players.

Most people do play all servers, but don't actually build an account on both, just use one to level occasionally on to fund the other account.
    People may play other games to build on to trade to MD. What's wrong with that. Only the minority actively play two servers. And, I'd assume that because there aren't many brand new games right now, they'd just sell one account and work on their best. They wouldn't buy up on another game; the only active games are reasonably new. They wouldn't start another game, if they wanted to do that, they would have done it when it first started.
  10. Delete this.. @ 02 Feb 2012 08:40:33 PM
    yeah ...lets merge and then create a new server
    then when that one becomes inactive we can merge it
    to MD1 and create a new server and when that one become inactive ...why not merge it with MD1 and create a new server :fistpump:
  11. [D†P] Catchㅤ Morgan @ 02 Feb 2012 08:42:36 PM
    Because each server has a uniqueness that sets it apart from the other. Force us to part with that and you risk alienating what few of us are left.

You want to play with MD1 players? Then go fucking join MD1, it's not a difficult concept. Or join the new server and actually compete with them with all new accounts.
  12. [D†P] Catchㅤ Morgan @ 02 Feb 2012 08:44:26 PM
    Plus I have a level 545 account and a level 526 account. I'm not getting rid of one of them so that we can have the exact same amount of inactivity as we did prior to a merge.
  13. Jersey MacManus @ 02 Feb 2012 08:49:54 PM
    :hmm:

I don't want to play with MD1 people. But I want MD2's activity rates to rise, I want new people to join.

New people rarely join here. If they join at all, it's MD1. Otherwise, there's just quite a few people on MD1 that log in once every now and then and can stay if you persuade them. We don't have that.

If we merged, I think we'd have a better time.
  14. ~~~Lurk~~~ @ 02 Feb 2012 08:51:01 PM
    House or whatever your name is....your threads are just as fucking annoying as Biggies are.
  15. Scream @ 02 Feb 2012 08:52:32 PM
    I'd rather see this server die, then see it merge with md1, just saying..