Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Gang Attack/defense idea.

1. .delete me @ 19 Jan 2010 08:49:47 PM
    This is a big one, so I broke it down to sections. All of these ideas are jumping off points. Feel free to join in. Cliff notes at end.

Reason:
    Gang wars always come down to who has the strongest player. It's true a coordinated gang can be deadly, but if no one can kill that one guy on the other team, then you can never truly win.

The only reason gang leaders admit defeat if:
    1. They simply cant win.
    2. Even though they might not be the ones dying, the rest of the gang is suffering from conitnuos hits.

The actual idea:
    Have a gang act more as a single entity than a bunch of individual players massed together. Players will actually have to use strategy nd to work together to accomplish victories.

Gang Housing
    Note: I know there are some excellent idea's about involving extra awake with gang housing. This is aside from that, and could be later intergrated into it, or left as a seperate option.

Gang housing would determine how many players you can have on an attack or on defense. It will provide a stat boost. Bigger housing would allow more people and better stats.

If you really wanted to get complex, you could have 3 different branches of housing. Each reflecting on one stat more than the other. this could lead to offensive/defensive gangs.

Stat boost
    The gang house will NOT give every player a permanent stat boost. the stat boosts would be temporary and would only affect those attacking or defending a gang.

For defense:
    Under "Your gang", have one of the gang privileges be "defend", next to mass mail, edit, etc. After a player clicked on defend and the confirmation, then the player will be put "on guard" for 1(changeable) hour. A counter wll show much like the hospital or prison counter.
    At anytime, there's a set cap to how many players you can have defedning.

When a player is defending their gang, they cant attack or train. Nor can other players attack them.

The strength of your defense is the combined total defense of the players "on guard" plus the stat boost.

This way you have to plan and workout whos going to be defending when. You dont want bunnies on defense as they contribute no def.

Attack
    On every gang's page, there will be an "initiate attack/raid". Only the bold tagged leader can click it successfully. After clicking initiate attack, players of the gang will have 5 mins to join the raid. Depending on the size of your gang house, the amount of players joining would be limited. It would be a first-click-first-join sorta thing. So it requires some planning of who you want to attack.

Your attack strength is the total strength plus the boost of the attacking players.

I imagine attacks being a single "push". Just like a player hitting a player, but with gangs. No single attack can win a war, maybe send a message, but not a war.

Battle
    The side with the higher stat wins. Upon victory a number of things can happen:

-every member of the losing gang dies.
    -Exp bonus for victory.
    -possible temporary gain/diminish of stats.

Gang Rank
    IT WOULD ACTUALLY MEAN SOMETHING.

you could either base the idea of winning exp from the gang rank, from player levels, or gang house sizes. I dont know.

why?
    I imagine this would make the game way more fun. It works of the most basic concept of this game: players forming gangs against other players forming gangs. Whether to make friends, protect each other, or to attack others; it works off that.

Even though the concept is simple, it brings a lot more to the game.
    -More medals.
    -More power struggle.
    -Introducing new strategies(ill list a couple below)
    -A group of 50 level 200's could take out a gang with 20 300's. Where normally the 300's would rape.
    -It requires timing and coordination.
    -Now it matters who you recruit.
    -even out the game more. now gangs will want a balance of muscle and defense.

tidbits
    1.bunny gangs.
    Depending on how you determine the exp bonus, then there could actually be bunny gangs.

2.spying
    players on guard cant be attacked. so you could have lower members or paid bunnies to suicide on the gang to see whos defending when.

3. Gangs will actually have to be wary about who they recruit. There could be defensive gangs that only want defensive players, or maybe are looking for some attackers.

Cliff notes
    -Attack and Defend are two new gang options.(only gang leader can initaite attack)
    -Gang houses determine how many players can attack or defend at any one time.
    -The strength of your attack is the total strentgh bewteen your attackers plus a temp stat boost from your house.
    -The strength of your defense is the total defense between your defenders plus a temp stat boost from your house.
    -when a player is "on guard" for defense, they cannot attack or train. They cant be attacked either.
    -all of the losing gang's members die. possible exp for victors.
    -I imagine attacks being a single "push". No single attack can win a war, maybe send a message, but not a war.

I didnt call this a Gang War thread because i didnt mention once the format of wins or losses. that'll still be up to the gangs to decide who wins/loses. this was only an idea of utilizing the gangs to add another game compenent.
  2. Casey Jones @ 19 Jan 2010 09:43:31 PM
    +1
  3. Grant Pratcher @ 19 Jan 2010 11:04:58 PM
    woah its like my idea put someone put some work into refining it, +1 deifnately.....here we come jjayyy :haha:
  4. .delete me @ 20 Jan 2010 04:13:21 AM
    Sorry, I havent read your thread.

I posted this a long time ago before the crash. I came up with it for coco's gang war.(where we the ticket rares originally came from) we ended up going with anohter one that was less combative, and more fun.

I do also have an idea for competition gang wars. like for fun and not killing each other for weeks. Ill post it in this thread later.
  5. .delete me @ 20 Jan 2010 04:22:32 AM
    Ouir ideas are similiar, but not the same.

Im talking about a way for a gang to attack or defend against other gangs. There's nothing stopping players from continuing to fight wars they have been. Its just if it was implemented, then the easy, smart move would be to gang attack.

You're talking about more the individuals. A bunch of people, freinds or gang, taking out a stronger single player.
  6. Jean Double @ 20 Jan 2010 10:43:49 AM
    +1 -1
  7. Grant Pratcher @ 20 Jan 2010 03:08:31 PM
    my idea would have been gang based, but yours is better and further developed, i like yours better :D good work :)
  8. Clemmie Polisky @ 21 Jan 2010 02:00:15 PM
    if attacking/raiding and defending depended on how active ur players were, well, more active gangs would win fights, which would sendthe losers players into the hossie, but hold on....they were offline, wats the use of that?

I suggest we add 'intensive care' when ur gang loses a battle while u were offline, and u log in uget a message saying
    'During the night XgangX successfully attacked your gang. You're badly injured, even a medical certificate can't get you of this one.'

And the intensive care timers starts and it goes for an hour, its just like hossie but certs cant get u out and ur in there for an hour, or mayb just the usual 20, whatever
  9. Lane Bugbee @ 21 Jan 2010 02:21:33 PM
    +1
  10. [#14] pendingKill @ 21 Jan 2010 02:32:25 PM
    great work

+1
  11. .delete me @ 21 Jan 2010 07:25:34 PM
    I FORGOT TO MENTION, I THINK GANG ATTACKS SHOULD ONLY BE ALLOWED TO DO SO MANY TIMES WITH A TIME FRAME. LIKE ONCE AN HOUR.

Otherwise once the losgin team gets out, it'd be another slaughter, or they attack straight back.

Kinda missing what im saying, don.

"if attacking/raiding and defending depended on how active ur players were, well, more active gangs would win fights..."

It wouldnt really be based off of actual activity time per se. It would just be whoever's on offense vs. whoevers on defense.

Kinda like a country with a sports team. It's usually the best people of that skill in that area. Like soccer players on teams. Usually they have more coordination, agility, strentgh, and endurance then the average population.

Just like this idea. You'd want to have whoevers the best of your gang on D or O.

Yes, they have to be active if they want to defend for a while. but thats true for how wars are fought currently. The active gang will always get more kills then the unactive one.

Gangs would also be encouraged to either:
    mix up their gang a little. Get people from different time zones with different login times. So someone can always stay alert.

Or plan it out. Say something like "we'll need you, you and you to watch for tonight". and thats anohte r thing. You dont NEED to be constatly be on guard. Maybe if you were in a war, but not all the time.

Secondly, this isnt about the war format or procdeures, its just a weapon for it. like i said in the OP, this is about adding a component to the game that would be used for gang fights, not to be used to determine who wins the war.

when I say "wins, loses, victory, defeat" in this thread, I mean the actual battle. Im not talking about war at all.

Honestly, this is how i see it panning out:

Gang A attacks Gang B unexpectedly and wipes gang B out for something. Gang b attacks back. Then between gang attacks, its normal crossfire.
  12. ℬʟαḉḱ Ḏ ℊ☤яł @ 25 Jan 2010 01:11:51 AM
    I say for gang housing, level should affect the maximum level. this would make gang houses do something.
  13. Grant Pratcher @ 27 Jan 2010 10:45:33 AM
    + 1 again, more comments needed, best idea ever ftw? :p
  14. Jeannetta Aarant @ 02 Apr 2010 11:50:15 AM
    Theresno way the admins are going to do this it requires too much work. You'll be better off asking them to change the brightness of the text. Although I think that would take them six months to complete
  15. AcesFull @ 03 Apr 2010 07:28:49 PM
    +1