Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Divide Stats by 10

1. notBookie @ 29 Oct 2011 05:28:14 AM
    As game goes on and on, things changes. In fear of having a mass murder on 1 person in Australia ig there is a game reset, I will not suggest that.

Instead I suggest having all Strength/Defence/Speed stats divided by a factor of say 10 or 20, or even more.

This will make the game more enjoyable by new players, as there will at least be a slight chance of catching up to those who have played for a long time, unless the long term players keep working at it.

I know long term players will oppose this, but it does not affect you much, since every ones stas are reduced the same.

I think this will help the game long term in keeping new sign-ups, and old players that come in and check out the new core.
  2. Orgy @ 29 Oct 2011 08:01:27 AM
    I'll let your "mass murder of one person" slip right now and focus on what you said...

It will make a difference to higher stat players, because their stats will be reduced by more. It would not be fair to reduce a top players stats by one billion and only shave 30 million off a level 400 player. It is not representative at all of the effort and time it takes and took to build up those stats.

I understand where you are coming from, but in reality this is a poor solution that would cause more problems than it would solve.

3. notBookie @ 29 Oct 2011 08:37:27 AM
    A rest would cause mass riots is more like what i meant with the first statement.

Its only fair that all lose as much in proportion. Those who have 1 billion in stats, should still have the advantages they have worked for so far.

If you have 100.000.000 attack, and someone higher up has 1.000.000.000
    He get reduced to 100.000.000 and
    you to 10.000.000

A new guy who has 1.000.00 in stat gets reduced to 1.000.000

Al would need to build up gain, but under the same conditions.

As it stands now, a new player should just turn at the door, unless he has deeeep pockets.

4. notBookie @ 29 Oct 2011 08:41:44 AM
    Uhm,
    A new guy who has 1.000.000 in stat gets reduced to 100.000
  5. Orgy @ 29 Oct 2011 09:48:27 AM
    Yes, but it is far far easier for the gap to be closed, high level players won't like it.. All their hard work goes away, thats it
  6. notBookie @ 29 Oct 2011 11:26:01 AM
    It would not solve the problem completely. A reset would upset more though.

Anyone having suggestions?
  7. Bad Romeo @ 29 Oct 2011 02:22:31 PM
    Cool stealing my idea bitch! :P
    dave wont do this. its not fair.
    effectively, its just like adding new houses, but the top players will be vehemntly against this.
  8. Bad Romeo @ 29 Oct 2011 02:25:38 PM
    a reset is dumb. why? why wouldnt dave just open a new server if he wants that. md wont change, theres nothing that can be done now. instead we can reflect on how good and fun md has been :D
  9. Mathejosor @ 29 Oct 2011 03:06:47 PM
    divided by a factor of say 0 :haha:
  10. ☢KLAX☢ @ 29 Oct 2011 04:03:31 PM
    the only way this would work, would be if the training values was then be divided by 10, so as opposed to getting 50k, you would get 5k, other wise its a complete kick in the teeth to the people who have played and built up their account for a lot longer. if the training was scaled at the same ratio, then it wouldn't affect the higher players, but the newer players would see it as an easier opportunity, just because the numbers are lower, even though in theory the amount is still identical, and still requires the same amount of work, to get to that point, it will just look easier, 400m is not as scary as 4bill.

but its still a stupid idea to be honest, as if it were just stats to be scaled, then no way. scale both its just the same as it is now, with lower numbers.
  11. notBookie @ 29 Oct 2011 04:36:07 PM
    The problem is that the screws are tightened to make things harder, but long term players have benefited from the better conditions.
    The stats should have been divided with each new major core. Or total reset, with distributing the points bought within 3 months.

You don't scale what we are making n the gym now, that would be pointless. But give active current players the opportunity to go past old inactive players, and compete on a more even arena.

A good start to brainstorm this is for "staff" to start a new playing account from scratch, and get a feel of real game life.

I hear about the "good old times" all day. And if conditions dont change thats all we will hear.
  12. notBookie @ 29 Oct 2011 05:00:57 PM
    -----
    a reset is dumb. why? why wouldnt dave just open a new server if he wants that. md wont change, theres nothing that can be done now. instead we can reflect on how good and fun md has been :D
    ------

Suppose he could just setup another copy of the game, but for heavens sake call this "server" for Oldies or Nostalgia or something, and not have it as server 1 and defualt server when signing up.
  13. Bad Romeo @ 30 Oct 2011 03:25:35 PM
    you dont want to scal training too..that makes the whole thing useless.

e.g. I am 1000000=100 trains behind A. Divide statsby 10, divide train by 10
    I am 100000=100trains still.

divide stats by 10 only.
    I am 10 trains behind.

EFFECTIVELY, its like releasing new housing. but then peoples stats get crazy THEN scaling stats and trains by 10 which keeps stats below then hundred billions.
  14. Red Slanty @ 30 Oct 2011 09:36:28 PM
    This is one of the stupidest ideas ever. From someone who's never been a huge hitter, I don't think I'm classed as someone you'd say it would effect.

Still, people have spent a lot of their own, hard earned, REAL money on this game, to take upto 500,000,000 stats (or more!) from some accounts is ludicrous. This would cost around 200,000 points. Costing $1,200 from the game. It's all well and good saying they're as strong as they were against the others. But it's still money down the drain, they'd need to spend again to build their account back up to what it was.

Needless to say, -1.
  15. notBookie @ 30 Oct 2011 09:43:17 PM
    When you spend money on games, how long do you expect to entertined, have value for the money. Forever?

When you buy points, there is no guarantee that the game will be up forever.
    3 months, is a reasonable amount of time you should be guaranteed value for your money. (any shorter and paypal would most likely give your money back if complaining).

Who should enjoy the game, those who have spent money and been active. Or those who are spending money and are active.

Those on top would still be on top if working at it.