Forum

Forum » News

Account Selling. Very Important.

1. sigh 18 @ 28 Apr 2008 12:41:24 PM
    The staff here at MD3 would like to inform you that account selling is no longer allowed. We feel that it disadvantages the players who have put in the effort of building their own accounts only to be beaten by someone who just bought an account. It is also in breach of the TOS.

From now on if more than one account is found on an IP that is in the same gang, has the same password or has had recent transfers between the accounts they will be flagged for banning. A staff member will try and mail one of the accounts before doing so and if they aren't satisfied that the rules are being followed, they will have no choice but to ban you.

Terms of Service
    Extract: You are not allowed to trade any in game currency, points, or items within MafiaDeath (Game 3) for real money or currency out of the game. Any found to be doing so will be banned or deleted.

We are serious about this guys so please don't sell your accounts, advertise your accounts or trade your accounts.

Questions will be asked and answered here please so we don't repeat ourselves, thanks.

- Miss Griff
  2. Louie Kimminau @ 28 Apr 2008 12:43:16 PM
    WTF!!!! :@
  3. Wilfred Bixby @ 28 Apr 2008 12:45:52 PM
    :shock:
  4. Carrot the Dog™ @ 28 Apr 2008 12:50:17 PM
    This seams a bit silly. If somone has put a lot of money into an account and can no longer play for any reason they are supposed to kiss that account goodbye?
  5. Kylee Karels @ 28 Apr 2008 12:55:44 PM
    As I posted in another thread, don't be surprised at people pulling back their $$ in paypal... :wink:
  6. Kylee Karels @ 28 Apr 2008 01:06:34 PM
    /FAIL
  7. Alex Toyama @ 28 Apr 2008 01:29:23 PM
    I have no objection to anything but:

"has the same password"

Admins should not have access to anyones account password, PERIOD.
  8. sigh 18 @ 28 Apr 2008 01:31:49 PM
    We don't have access to your password, we have a screen that tells us if the passwords are close or the same.
  9. Giuseppina Buckovitc @ 28 Apr 2008 01:34:24 PM
    i think itz funny this is the only server sayin you cant sell your account ppl put to much money into their account to have you sit there and say nope you cant sell them now
  10. Kylee Karels @ 28 Apr 2008 02:04:09 PM
    as I said... /FAIL INCREDIBLY!!!

DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 28 Apr 2008 02:36:45 PM
    I wonder if we can get a legal opinion on this, why its allowed on Md1 and not on Md3.....
  12. R-bunny @ 28 Apr 2008 02:59:35 PM
    LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. The Gabriel @ 28 Apr 2008 03:00:33 PM
    Yeah...
    what kind of rule is this?
    We are spend most of our time in this game!!!!
    I only have 24 hours a day for living..
    5 hours for work, 5 hours for sleeping, 2 hours for eat, go to the toilet etc...
    and the rest IS ON MAFIADEATH...!!!!!
    Do you know how much money do we spent for this game???
    HALF OF OUR SALARY!!!!

You want to ban us??
  14. [BDU] M­j­o­l­n­i­r @ 28 Apr 2008 03:01:51 PM
    You would be surprised, people will do anything and any thing should be expected when dealing with people
  15. Reagan Gerstner @ 28 Apr 2008 03:17:01 PM
    'sad day in MD3'

Sad day indeed. I bought this account ages ago, knowing that if I ever had to quit for whatever reason I had the option of recouping all or part of the cost. If I bought it, why couldn't I sell it?

'We feel that it disadvantages the players who have put in the effort of building their own accounts only to be beaten by someone who just bought an account.'

I don't understand this point. Paying for an account compensates for the effort put in by the seller! If account A is stronger than account B it is what it is, sale or no sale. Account B needs to train harder in order to overtake account A, end of story.

I've spent time and money on building my MD2 account from scratch- and bought strong accounts on 1 and 3. If I had to quit in the future I'd have to wave goodbye to my cash?

Fortunately md1 and 2 staff have come out and guaranteed it won't happen there, so that seems the safest place to spend money.

Am I allowed to sell my MD3 account on MD1 or MD2 for real money? If not, surely I'm allowed to sell it for MD1/2 points...

Sorry for having a different opinion, I just can't see the point of ploughing in real cash, hard work, and hundreds of hours to build something that you don't own- so should your circumstances change, you're made a mug.

I don't plan on selling my accounts so this rule benefits me provided I carry on playing it for the rest of my life! It'd just be too much of a shame seeing great accounts inactive for weeks until they're deleted.

To borrow from the original phrase, this rule 'disadvantages the players who have put in the effort of building their own accounts only to' find that a new rule has rendered their investment worthless.