Forum

Forum » Help

Complete Defense Fighter's Guide

1. Adios. @ 26 Feb 2014 08:25:13 AM
    speed just gives an extra 2% hp bonus now in new system.
    The rest of the guide applies as it is.

So i dont think so there is any need to alter this awesome guide.
  2. Niklaus Mikelson @ 26 Feb 2014 10:31:29 AM
    what the meth god said...awesome guide indeed
  3. Gr8fulDane @ 26 Feb 2014 08:14:18 PM
    2%? That's just false... How much bonus you get depends on your speed vs opponent speed.

But the reason I say that is because when people buy up and they read this they don't understand that a defense players speed effects shit. I read this before I bought my account and I never would have bought this if I knew about the speed thing. This account had none.

In short. SPEED IS A REALLY BIG DEAL so yea it needs to be added.
  4. [°ß°] ......’..... @ 26 Feb 2014 08:48:38 PM
    "In short. SPEED IS A REALLY BIG DEAL so yea it needs to be added. "

I cant believe this......I thought everybody knew this at this point. a over a year ago when sas trained the speed to this account. I then got it back and beat people like cody because of it. there were a lot of threads and discussions. If you cant do more research then reading one help thread before buying an account then you get what you deserve, lol
  5. Gr8fulDane @ 26 Feb 2014 08:51:36 PM
    ok so thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the convo haha.

I'm just saying speed is a big deal, it should be in the COMPLETE defense fighters guide no?
  6. [°ß°] ......’..... @ 26 Feb 2014 09:39:42 PM
    yea... over a year later I shouldn't have to add to this convo:facepalm:
  7. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 26 Feb 2014 09:46:00 PM
    yeah. it definately isn't a fixed 2% bonus.
  8. Gr8fulDane @ 26 Feb 2014 10:06:04 PM
    see that's what I mean... Heis is a high level D player and doesn't understand exactly how speed effects HP battles.... Just saying the COMPLETE D guide should include it... Its whatever though...
  9. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 26 Feb 2014 10:28:44 PM
    Fact: There is a bonus for having higher speed.

But...I doubt anyone really knows EXACTLY how speed works in defense/hp battles. Most, if not all of the information available is speculation that can seemingly be verified through experimentation. I'm not aware of Dave ever coming out and saying, "This is exactly how speed effects HP battles".

It seems like the "2% rule" may be the cap on the bonus, but I don't think the person with a cut-and-dry, higher speed automatically gets the full 2% bonus.
  10. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 26 Feb 2014 10:35:51 PM
    But on a side note, there are actually three posts in this thread about speed affecting hp battles...from 2 years ago. :weh:
  11. Insanity™ @ 27 Feb 2014 04:22:58 AM
    the way i came to terms with it is that if you have double or more your opponents speed you get the full 2% miss chance. it's not 2% more HP, HP wouldnt make sense but i have been wrong before.
  12. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 27 Feb 2014 05:49:16 AM
    i think it is 2% to the hp but i could be wrong too. i can generally kill about 8-9 levels above me...which is roughly 1.6% in hp.
  13. [BDU] G O D @ 28 Feb 2014 02:55:05 PM
    The 2% is added to the e-penis of the 1st person who hits! Or so I heard :shifty:
  14. [~?~] BDU-SUXKS @ 01 Mar 2014 02:05:07 PM
    good thing im a str spd guy :haha:
  15. [YNM] Damon Baird @ 01 Mar 2014 07:43:37 PM
    i think it is 2% to the hp but i could be wrong too. i can generally kill about 8-9 levels above me...which is roughly 1.6% in hp.

No, it's not to the HP. The difference in speed affects your ability to dodge the enemy's incoming attacks. This doesn't mean your HP gets higher, it just means that it would take an opponent more turns to actually take you out, hence why you last longer in a HP fight.