Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Reverse Bank Interest

1. [#14] Mister Moist @ 17 Feb 2012 08:40:38 PM
    What if, instead of NPC'ing accounts inacitve 90+ days those players over 90 days inactive were docked a Reverse Bank Interest Fee?
    Players over 90 days inactive will be docked $600,000 Game Cash from their banks each day them remain inactive over 90 days. Once their bank is at Zero ($0) NPC takes effect.

Speaking on behalf of the players who will NEVER play again because their account, points, game cash, items, gangs were all deleted based strictly on a 90 Day Inactive Rule currently set in place...

NPC and deletion of accounts based on inactivity is a HUGE factor in the total number of active members who play and will stay and play.

Also take into consideration the time and effort many have spent creating and bettering their accounts over the past several years.

You will find this suggestion to be one that will see results similar to that of your NPC, however if this idea were to be implemented...You give the MD players that have played for many years the chance to play at their own pace...While inspiring players to be active, and contributing members of the MD society.

If they are 90+ Days Inactive and have a bank of Zero, then by all means...delete their accounts.

Best Regards

-MISTER MOIST-
  2. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 17 Feb 2012 08:52:42 PM
    i think this sounds reasonable.

the only consideration that I see is full bank vs empty bank before going inactive. but i guess collecting interest for 90 days kinda negates that.
  3. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 17 Feb 2012 08:57:04 PM
    then again most of this can be achieved by extending the inactivity period before NPC'ing.
  4. Shift @ 18 Feb 2012 10:36:46 AM
    I agree that the NPC are a deterrant towards new players joining. I understand their role...obviously you can't have a game with a few thousand accounts inactive for hundreds of days. So with that in mind, I would love to see a hybrid of Weiners idea and Smoofs. After all a HOF account would likely start the degeneration with a nearly full, fully maxed account, which would mean their account could survive inactive for approximately 280 days. But if we had a system in place where they were deleted every 180 days or when their account ran out of money, whichever came first, I would be okay with that. Obviously lower level accounts would be deleted faster, where as HOF account which have earned their place, would have a longer time. I think that's a pretty fair adjustment based on the time and money they spend here.
  5. -=Malory=- @ 19 Feb 2012 10:19:01 AM
    1+ this!!!!!!!!