Forum

Forum » News

Account Sales Discussion

1. Corey Gradilla @ 29 Apr 2008 06:53:26 AM
    Here is my proposed idea for revision on the account selling rule:

Account selling will still be allowed.

There will be no staff acting as a middle man.

If you buy an account that has been flagged by staff, or has staff notes attached, the flags & notes will stay, and it will be assumed that you are the same person as the original account owner. This stops players who have been cheating or the likes from saying that they 'sold their accounts' to get around punishment.

You will only be allowed to advertise the sale of your account in your profile, anywhere else will result in a ban.

If you buy an account, you must write in your old profile, at the very top, something along the following lines:
    OLD ACCOUNT: I purchased account ID <insert new account's id> on <insert date you bought it>. This account will no longer be in use until sold, deleted by request, or deleted from inactivity.

If said account is found to be trading, training, attacking, or any other form of activity one or more days after you bought the account, it will be banned.

That being said, my proposal should keep everyone happy. You'll still be able to sell your accounts, it will prevent people from abusing the process to gain a clean slate, and there shouldn't be any load on the staff because we will not intervene at all with account sales.

Discuss.

-Dave
  2. Blade @ 29 Apr 2008 06:53:42 AM
    yay
  3. Peter Griffin @ 29 Apr 2008 06:54:51 AM
    absolutely perfect
  4. Serenity..™ @ 29 Apr 2008 06:56:09 AM
    YES!!!!! I LOVE YOU
  5. Muso†Moll @ 29 Apr 2008 06:57:12 AM
    I can LIVE with this ONE. its basicaly status quo from ''before'' the rule. :haha: so the rule was revoked. THX.
  6. Evelyn Benny @ 29 Apr 2008 06:57:17 AM
    sounds like a good plan dave!
  7. Corey Gradilla @ 29 Apr 2008 06:57:23 AM
    My idea is that the account should remain inactive, so you would write on your profile that all mail should be sent to your new account rather than that.

Or if you're expecting mail from anyone, send mail to anyone you're expecting mail from saying to mail your new account.
  8. [BD2] XxxX @ 29 Apr 2008 06:58:40 AM
    Awsome.......

Nice laid out plan Dave. This will help the GM's police abandoned accounts.
    And still give the honest players a chance.
  9. Corey Gradilla @ 29 Apr 2008 07:02:23 AM
    That won't too much of a problem, I can write up something that checks through profiles every night to see if they change the date, or put an inaccurate date, etc.
  10. Sheridan Bachhuber @ 29 Apr 2008 07:03:16 AM
    The question is...
    Say the account you buy already got a email from staff warning them to stop activity or get banned. They sell that account and it gets banned anyway. That won't be the responsiblity to staff? or can the person buying the account contact staff and ask if there is anything in the notes about that account they are thinking of buying?
  11. The Gabriel @ 29 Apr 2008 07:06:05 AM
    YESSS...
    That's better..
  12. Corey Gradilla @ 29 Apr 2008 07:11:57 AM
    M-B-J, I may consider allowing players to ask if there are any flags/notes attached to the account, but not sure on it.

Otherwise it will be the sole responsibility of the player trying to purchase the account to be able to trust the account seller.
  13. Sheridan Bachhuber @ 29 Apr 2008 07:29:37 AM
    The ideal way is for staff to be able to tell you if it is at least flagged. Never know who you can trust on here.
  14. sigh 18 @ 29 Apr 2008 07:32:59 AM
    Thank you Dave for amending the rule.

And thanks to every one that spoke out about their views and opinions. Without healthy discussion or argument this could have never be to be.

Hope this suits everyone as it suits me fine and will happily approve of this new policy.

~MG
  15. Evelyn Benny @ 29 Apr 2008 07:58:49 AM
    sounds like a hell of an idea! way to go!