Forum

Forum » News

The Great Smooshening of 2021

1. Dave @ 14 Nov 2021 10:29:35 AM
    Hi all,

As you can now probably tell, something big has just happened with the scheduled maintenance that has just ended -- there has been a merge of the existing MD servers into a single server.

The login screen now uses Email and Password instead of Login Name and Password as the method of authentication. For a limited time, you may login with your Login Name and Password if required, then it is strongly advised that you ensure that your email is up to date as it will be the only method going forward. You will begin to receive notices upon login if you are still using the old login method in the next week or so, then it will stop working.

What does this mean for players that had accounts on more than one of the game servers?

Your accounts have been grouped together and you may toggle between them at will from the menu on the right hand side of your screen:

Going forward, you will be allowed to have up to two characters on the game that do not have RM status. If you previously had an account on all three servers and would like to keep using them, you will need RM on at least one of them to retain access to it after the next few weeks.

My other account isn't in my dropdown list!? / I can't login to one of my accounts!?

Take a deep breath, count to three, then log a support ticket with the accounts that are all yours (including IDs and login name or email where possible).

I'll get to associating them all together as they come through.

What happened to my user ID?

- Accounts from MD1 retain the same ID as previously (first come, first serve!)
    - Accounts from MD2 have had +300,000 added to their IDs (eg. ID#5050 is now ID#305050)
    - Accounts from MDAU have had +500,000 added to their IDs (eg. ID#2020 is now ID#502020)

All references to these in BBCode/saved searches/etc have been automatically updated where possible, though you should double check and update them in any places you may be referencing them for more critical purposes (eg. gang forums, etc.)

My profile/notepad/items/whatnot are missing!?

If you're 100% certain that your account is missing something notable from the merge, lodge a support ticket with the details. I have to manually cross-check all of these requests with the pre-merge accounts, so please don't be vague otherwise I can't/won't be able to help.

There are multiple characters with the same name now!?

This was unavoidable in the smooshening. The restriction for unique names is still in place if you are trying to change your name.

Hold on, some people have multiple characters now? I only have one!?

In the coming weeks, anyone who would like additional characters will be able to add them to their account from within the game. You will be allowed to interact with these as desired.

What happened to my MDAU things!?

- Any items that you had from MDAU will still be in your character's inventory.
    - Houses and land have been changed to the nearest analog that MD1/MD2 had; you have received house/land of greater value where there are no close analogs.
    - Pets and cars; they're over here too!
    - All of your crime masteries have come across as well as the crimes; any crimes that were already in MD1/MD2 were translated to their nearest analog.

Holy cow! That's a lot of cities!?

Right now, the number of cities has effectively doubled with the combination of all countries and cities from MD1/MD2 and MDAU.

The number of cities will be reduced to a more reasonable number over the coming months.

What about that other thing?

Obviously there's going to be some details about The Great Smooshening of 2021 that are missing from this news post due to oversight/whatever else, so feel free to just speculate in the forums.

Someone said something about bug fixes?

Might have been me, might not have been. There's a handful of bug fixes that were also part of this release.

No, not everything has been fixed yet. Yes, there will be more fixes coming in the next few weeks.

Hey, thing X, item Y, and feature Z are now broken!?

Drop a reply to this with any smoosh-specific bugs.

What's next?

There's going to be a few quality of life updates coming in following the previously mentioned fixes.

-Dave
  2. [BDU] MЦЯDΣЯMΛП @ 14 Nov 2021 11:59:37 AM
    :fistpump::fistpump::fistpump:
  3. [BDU] CD8 Killer ▣▩ @ 14 Nov 2021 12:50:28 PM
    wow... some changes
  4. [BD2] Killer CD8 @ 14 Nov 2021 12:51:37 PM
    ... wierd
  5. [BDU] @ 14 Nov 2021 01:04:22 PM
    Few points so far... auto-logout looks fixed, that's great

Hall of Fame looks mashed up..

If I used different e-mails on my accounts from other servers.. how can I combine them? Right now, if I pick one and try to change the others to that email it says that the email is already in use and it won't change

Also, what are the rules on transfers between these accounts?
  6. Michael Westen @ 14 Nov 2021 04:01:14 PM
    Not seeing the toggle between accounts link on the right side menu
  7. [BDU] CD8 Killer ▣▩ @ 14 Nov 2021 04:25:17 PM
    same westen, also cant switch to my mdau account for some reason now
  8. [BDU] @ 14 Nov 2021 04:55:58 PM
    You might need to enable the chat column to find it. I've just found it now since I had the chat disabled.
  9. Michael WesTen @ 14 Nov 2021 05:28:57 PM
    Sold my old md2 account years ago, guess new owner never changed email. I got his old account and used a different email now I can’t access my other accounts. Tried resetting password but it doesn’t work
  10. [H~I] DAMAGE Inc @ 14 Nov 2021 06:35:40 PM
    awake did not change w/ housing for au accounts. also the stats will defintely all be below reccomended if by md1 standards
  11. [BDU] CD8 Killer ▣▩ @ 14 Nov 2021 06:53:13 PM
    tried enabling chat still the log in toggle bar doesnt show up... I think its because the game doesnt know those accounts are ours since its different email addresses. Also it wont allow me to access my MDAU account anymore when logging in nothing happens
  12. [BDU] HAVOK @ 14 Nov 2021 06:59:59 PM
    ^ yes it only shows up if your email is across 2+ accounts. And it wont let you manually change email so we have to put in tickets
  13. [BDU] HAVOK @ 15 Nov 2021 01:12:00 AM
  14. [BDU] Farra @ 15 Nov 2021 01:17:00 AM
    Wow
  15. [BDU] Farra @ 15 Nov 2021 01:39:03 AM
    I cant change my name for all 3 servers :weh: