Forum

Forum » FL: General Chat

Arabic

1. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Oct 2017 10:46:52 PM
    "If you can't Google something, it doesn't exist" is a very common joke. That's was the context of the "it doesn't exist" comment which was a reply to what Sky posted. I never stated that Arabic wasn't a language.

The only thing I stated was that I wanted to learn when "Chaldean" became the mother language of Arabic.
  2. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Oct 2017 10:47:48 PM
    ...and I still want to know the answer to that.
  3. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 17 Oct 2017 01:27:09 AM
    :facepalm: This is a new level of stupid. :haha:
  4. [BDU] HAVOK @ 18 Oct 2017 03:43:51 AM
    God damn every one of those characters looked way too similar to me viper lol

It probably is easier to read the 3s and 7s things
  5. [BDU] HAVOK @ 18 Oct 2017 05:03:18 PM
    thats exactly why i always sucked at french... fuck accents

english is da best bcuz no axe scents..well very few
  6. [~?~] ѕ𝓀𝐲β𝕝 @ 20 Oct 2017 09:42:25 PM
    :haha: no accents

I have trouble understanding what some english people say and scottish with a thick accent is really hard too. Don't get me started on the Indians at call centers.
  7. [BDU] HAVOK @ 21 Oct 2017 12:52:04 AM
    I meant accents on letters u scrub
  8. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 22 Oct 2017 04:55:41 PM
    Viper:
    "Also claiming that all languages will merge is like playing with your ass and yelling i am smart. fuck sake. most probably humanity will be either extinct in the next thousand year or controlled by "robots" by the looks of how AI is growing.. they would create their own language and throw us under a rock"

There you have it folks. Viper claims that the merging of languages is impossible, and it certainly isn't something that has happened since the dawn of man. He also claims that in 1000 years humans will be extinct, which means all human language will be dead.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the epitome of stupid. Let's give a big round of applause for Viper!
  9. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 22 Oct 2017 05:00:16 PM
    Cpt. Dan, shame on you. You literally looked up the origins of what we call English today. That's certainly not showing that you knew what to Google. :facepalm:

www.dictionary.com/e/word-origins/

About 80 percent of the entries in any English dictionary are borrowed, mainly from Latin. Over 60 percent of all English words have Greek or Latin roots. In the vocabulary of the sciences and technology, the figure rises to over 90 percent. About 10 percent of the Latin vocabulary has found its way directly into English without an intermediary (usually French).

Are you also incapable of understanding what was written? All these jimmies rustling is truly amusing.
  10. [BDU] CD8 Killer ▣▩ @ 26 Oct 2017 07:40:53 PM
    Merging of languages is impossible dotard.. i don't care about what happened in the past.. give me facts now that we are going towards one language for all humans
  11. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 26 Oct 2017 08:39:47 PM
    If the claim is that humanity will progress toward extinction, languages will also begin extinction. Decreased amount of languages favors the trend toward a singular language i.e. merging languages

If the claim is that robots will control us and create their own language, the robot language will be the singular language i.e. merging languages.

There is no functional benefit of operating in a multi-language system. That's the plain and simple truth. Most successful countries, entities, organizations, and people know this. That's why the the official language of business, trade, technology, medicine, higher education etc. is one language. Adopt it or get rolled on. Progress alone is the stimulus for a singular language. Regression results in extinction, period.
  12. [BDU] HAVOK @ 27 Oct 2017 12:16:58 AM
    The singularity is real :blush:
  13. [~?~] ѕ𝓀𝐲β𝕝 @ 27 Oct 2017 12:44:49 AM
    There is no functional benefit of operating in a multi-language system. That's the plain and simple truth. Most successful countries, entities, organizations, and people know this. That's why the the official language of business, trade, technology, medicine, higher education etc. is one language.

..and that language is chinese!
  14. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 27 Oct 2017 12:47:31 AM
    Pfft Chinese isn't even a language.
  15. [~?~] ѕ𝓀𝐲β𝕝 @ 27 Oct 2017 10:55:43 PM
    but they iz driving the economy of the world at the moment!