Forum

Forum » Suggestions

War counter

1. [D†P] GEH @ 18 Apr 2023 01:39:16 AM
    When war is declared there should be a choice of ways to fight

Online hits would be the simplest with a counter.

Maybe most mugged in 24 hours though it’s too open to abuse to be fair

They need at least a 24 hour time slot for world time zones.
  2. Unethical Ethix @ 18 Apr 2023 01:58:07 AM
    Is the simplest answer just to count offline hits as well?

Obviously online hits have been the main outlet for war for a long time now and are generally more effective than offline hits, but you could have a ratio to represent that; perhaps an offline hit is worth 1 war victory point and an online hit is worth 2 war victory points or something along those lines.

That way gangs with fewer regularly active members have less of an advantage and gangs with lots of active members can make better use of it as lower level players within those gangs can find offline targets in the enemy gang and still contribute to the war effort.

It would also just generally make gangs keeping inactive accounts more of a hindrance when it comes to partaking in wars.
  3. [T~K] Sawyer @ 18 Apr 2023 02:02:00 AM
    Online and offline hits both sound cool. :razz:
  4. [BDU] ¡ƎIϽ˥ @ 18 Apr 2023 02:44:23 AM
    Not sure the right way to resolve this ongoing issue in this game but I'm not sure any of these suggestions are the answer... A well thought out plan to attack the issue of "wars" here should definitely be a priority...but you know dying game, no money to be made, so on and so on...
  5. Unethical Ethix @ 18 Apr 2023 03:25:04 AM
    In that case, maybe it would be good to provide an alternate activity or crime that you can only perform while at war?

If it was an activity accessed through the city screen (like Dumpster Dive), it could be time gated; so you could only perform it once every X minutes.

That way you have online hits providing X victory points and then an activity that all members can participate in while out of the hospital that serves as an alternative way to score some victory points, call it "Assault Enemy Base" or something like that.

Giving all active members, regardless of level/stats, a way to tangibly contribute to the war.

Although, having that interact with multiple wars could be tricky - maybe the "activity" is a button that shows up next to any gang your gang is currently at war with on the gang list and applies any victory points gained to your gangs war with that gang specifically. Or, presumably, there would be a separate "gang wars" page that lists all of the gangs your gang is at war with (& current progression in those wars), which could be accompanied by the activity button for each enemy gang/war.
  6. [BDU] ¡ƎIϽ˥ @ 18 Apr 2023 03:54:15 AM
    Best idea yet for sure
  7. [BDU] HAVOK @ 18 Apr 2023 05:02:44 PM
    You can also count online's as worth more than offlines.
  8. Unethical Ethix @ 18 Apr 2023 11:42:54 PM
    To add on to the gang war activity idea.

You could have a few different options that operate like gang crimes; requiring more gang members to sign up but offering more victory points in return.

Something along the lines of:

Rob Enemy Gang: 1 gang member required, low amount of victory points provided.

Assault Enemy Gang: 3 gang members required, average amount of victory points provided.

Invade Enemy Territory: 5 gang members required, high amount of victory points provided.

If going more the gang crime route, instead of each player being time gated you could have each activity operate like a gang crime and take a set time to complete. The times could be used as another point of balance as well, the activities requiring more gang members could take less time to complete to help ensure that they're a more efficient way to earn victory points.

Might be a way to encourage a bit of coordination within gangs too, as getting 3 or 5 members to sign up to one of the higher level activities would be more efficient than just sticking to the activity that requires a single gang member.
  9. [D†P] GEH @ 19 Apr 2023 12:46:17 AM
    This is looking good. The hardest part is making it fair because gangs are different sizes.
  10. [BDU] ¡ƎIϽ˥ @ 19 Apr 2023 05:20:37 AM
  11. Don Pumpkinoso @ 27 Apr 2023 03:49:58 AM
    Maybe it could have a scoring system which adapts by active players.

Example
    Gang A has 5 active in past week
    Gang B has 10 active in past week

Gang A member wins a fight against gang B member they could recieve 100 score

Gang B member wins a fight against Gang A member they could recieve 50 score

It was halved because Gang B has 2x more active than Gang A.

Or even more advanced could tally up the total levels of all active and work out the ratio based on that?

Just a thought.
  12. [BDU] ɃØ$ȻØ = Cunt @ 27 Apr 2023 05:30:06 AM
    I didn't read any of this because I believe it should have been sorted agis ago but also I'm quite drunk and don't care . I may hit someone just cause!
  13. [BDU] ɃØ$ȻØ = Cunt @ 27 Apr 2023 05:32:20 AM
    You are in a fight with [#14] English Paul.

You have your Beer equipped.
    [#14] English Paul has their Chainsaw equipped.

1: Using your Beer, you did 28,243,883 damage to [#14] English Paul.
    You won the battle and gained 10 experience.

I beat Paul in a war :heh:
  14. Unethical Ethix @ 27 Apr 2023 06:21:19 AM
    Why didn't you hit me Bosco :shifty:

Paul, I think the thing that we need to be careful of is ensuring that gangs aren't being penalised for having active members.

You don't want to be in the position where it's actually better for members of a gang not to log in, because that doesn't feel good.
  15. [BD2] Makima @ 27 Apr 2023 05:50:14 PM
    how bout a gang that outguns a smaller one?

Lets say gang A has a lot of lvl 500+/ top 50 HOF players vs gang B who only has 1 or 2 top 50 HOF players. Gang B would have a limited number of people to kill, how would they compensate on that? I think one of the good solutions on this would be the victory points for crimes committed as stated by ethix