Forum

Forum » General Chat

Opinion time

1. Don Pumpkinoso @ 04 Nov 2022 06:33:54 AM
    So I thought it would be cool to find out peoples opinions on certain things. Stuff people might be offended by but in reality is not really an issue. I'm someone who isn't offended by anything.

As a brit I'm used to people making fun of us from different countries. People mimick our accents (well apparently we have 1 accent but in reality there are hundreds lol) people say we drink tea 100 times a day with the queen. oh shit. just remember something important. oh yes i have work in a few hours :haha:

Btw uk fish and chips suck. go to Australia if you want a good meal in that regards.

ok so this is how this thread will work. I will ask a question. the next person answers the question with their opinion. Then asks their own question.

In the event 2 people answer at the same time. the next person has to answer both and then ask 1 question.

footer note. i am not sober. this topic is probably a bad idea lol might shut it down if it goes too south :haha:
  2. Don Pumpkinoso @ 04 Nov 2022 06:35:37 AM
    oh forgot my question

Is it offensive to mimick someones accent. If I mimick an American accent people find it funny. But if I do a chinese one or indian people find it offensive. Why is this?
  3. [BDU] Marty McBear @ 04 Nov 2022 07:28:56 AM
    Well that's easy!

It's because up until recently europeans were using the whole world as a playground for their racist, imperialistic adventures. :)
    In that context it just feels a bit shitty making fun of chinese/indian accents I guess. I'm not saying I think it's offensive, but I think tha's way it's a common opinion. Who knows, in a copuple of hundred years it might be the other way arround?

Okay my question:
    Should multi billionares be taxed harder? What does a society have to gain from concentrating wealth to a couple of people?
  4. [BD2] m̴e̵o̶w̶y̷ @ 04 Nov 2022 01:06:50 PM
    Billionaires can afford to pay a much higher rate and still be living incredibly comfortably. Large businesses should also pay a higher rate on tax. If you want business growth then increase the tax on profits and they'll be forced to reinvest in themselves simply because that money would reduce the amount of tax needed to be paid.

Anywho...

Is it worth investing heavily into safer cycling infrastructure and public transport to reduce car traffic?
  5. [BDU] Peckerneck @ 05 Nov 2022 02:17:03 AM
    Depends on city, country or if you live in the boondocks. Here in the US, there are dedicated bike lanes, sometimes. In Florida, around the Tampa area, they have their own roads along freeways. Cities, pretty dicey. I was in NYC, had a guy blow past us on a bike, flat-out hauling the mail, ride at your own risk type deal. Folks want their freedom to use a mode of conveyance that suits them. Public transportation is available in most places.

UK might be a different situation altogether. Saw some cats jump out of a car, obviously discombobulated, sock a cyclist the the squeal hole and then proceeded to toss his ass, and bike, over the guardrail. Commonplace?

Had fish n chips in Christchurch, NZ with a delicious red beer at a pub. It was tits!

Accents, not bothered bit it. I get told I talk too fast. Lived abroad for many years and in several countries, changes your perspective quite a bit.

My question:
    Do you feel, social media has more of a positive or negative impact on society as a whole?
  6. Don Pumpkinoso @ 05 Nov 2022 04:28:40 AM
    I think social media has drastically changed the world for the worse. People are now aware of issues around the world live. This has been used to scare people as a form of control, such as covid for example or wars etc. People now in mass follow and believe every single thing they see without researching anything. I have seen my mum post shit and other people fake info images where to me it is clear its false info and so on.

Also stuff like twitter just turns people into trolls as they are hidden behind their screen so they feel like they can say anything and can hide away without needing to worry.

Tiktok has brought young people attention span down with its infinite scrolling of short videos. Plus encourages nothing but bad imo.

Instagram just the same, people only show fake moments about how perfect they are. Why would they post anything bad about themselves. Then millions follow thinking these people are perfect and idolise them.

Social media is bad. The internet as a whole is bad. lol

my Q

do you think exposing young children to bad language actually makes them a bad person. why do people try to not swear around them when they just end up growing up and doing it anyway.
  7. [D†P] GEH @ 05 Nov 2022 09:19:09 AM
    I had to learn to swear to fit in as I grew up. I was a well mannered child.
    You don't want to swear at a judge or the police. You are treated better at most places if you aren't losing your temper and swearing at people.
    Socially though, people are more comfortable if they don't have to watch their language around you.
    As for kids, they come out with the most embarrassing things at the wrong times, better to be polite than rude.

my question

Are things getting easier or worse? What preparations are you making for the future?
  8. [BDU] Peckerneck @ 06 Nov 2022 09:44:29 PM
    I’ll bite, certainly not better. A lot of things drive that opinion. I’ll omit it entirely as to keep things cool.

Spent a lifetime outside, hunting, fishing, cutting firewood, camping and not getting lost. My wife grew up on a farm. A lot of things picked up and shared between us is often forgotten or simply not known by a lot of people these days. Knowledge is your friend and best passed down to younger generations, otherwise it’s lost. Also, precious metals…

My question:
    You’ll rolling through the local market and see a beautiful steak. Nice marbling and the thickness is perfect. What’s the best level of doneness? Smoked? Cast iron? Oven? Seasoning?
  9. [BD2] Audrey Hepburn @ 08 Nov 2022 01:09:48 PM
    In my opinion I believe medium is the best doneness for most steaks, seasoned with salt pepper and garlic, cooked sous vide and finished in a cast iron pan. Can't beat a perfectly sous vide steak!

My question:
    Do you believe men and women are equal?
  10. [BD2] wizmur. @ 08 Nov 2022 01:34:16 PM
    Depends in what aspect of life, when I hear about equality regarding pay within sports then no, men clearly get paid for things like football etc because of the money brought in due to it being a much more watched sport. However in day to day life jobs then yeah I guess you'd say equal.

Question:
    If you could live anywhere for the rest of your life, then where and why?
  11. Don Pumpkinoso @ 10 Nov 2022 04:27:00 AM
    Probably one of the many greek islands. Nice weather, just completely different lifestyle laid back and different style housing than you find anywhere that I have been or lived. Just would like a nice place with a pool. Would be great.

My Q

Do you think when people are drunk they are telling their inner truth or is it a partial truth. I know a lot believe it word for word but I have said stuff to people but not actually meant it. What do you think? Am I wrong and its a subconscious thought or what?
  12. [BDU] Peckerneck @ 14 Dec 2022 03:05:04 AM
    Depends on the individual. A direct person will just say it, alcohol or not. An admirable trait, IMO. Others may need a little “courage” to drop jaws…etc.

My Q:
    Lead in: Being in a position of leadership, there are two styles mostly utilized today: Managing and Leading with slightly differing attributes. Both have their pro’s and con’s.
    —You’re the main stain w/ 40 workers under you manufacturing combustors, turbines..etc, for aircraft engines. Focus, communication and morale are greatly important in success. Can you befriend a subordinate and still effectively lead?
  13. [T~K] FLOUNDERED @ 14 Dec 2022 05:13:13 AM
    Nope. Never works.

Name 3 things you like about Donald Trump
  14. [D†P] GEH @ 14 Dec 2022 10:35:58 AM
    Trump has made makeup socially acceptable for men
    Trump provides daily news for lazy reporters
    Trump says funny things

What's the funniest conspiracy theory you've heard?

15. Don Pumpkinoso @ 14 Dec 2022 02:16:57 PM
    They only put up 5g towers in poor areas. But this is a true conspiracy. I have witnessed it with my own eyes. lol :haha:

Q
    Boobs or ass and why.