Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Why we need new houses...

1. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 07:45:02 PM
    Problem: It is becoming impossible for a brand new player to ever catch up to the older HOF players. This problem can only get worse as time goes on. In the same sense there is not even a lot of hope for active older but not HOF players to catch up to inactive HOFers.

Stats on MD1
    50th for HOF strength has nearly 500million strength
    50th for HOF defense has nearly 900million defense
    50th for HOF Total has over 1.5billion stats.
    1st for HOF Total has over 5billion stats.

Stats gained from training is = 10,000/(rnd(75,125)) x the amount of energy used. Or awake from the LPI divided by a random number from 75 to 125 x energy used. Lets call the average 105 x energy used.

At a level of 391... 400 x 105 = 42,000 stats per train, with 10 points needed to refill energy and 8pts to refill awake used thats 42000/18 = 2,333.33 stats per point used.
    At a level of 491... 500 x 105 = 52,500 stats per train, with 10 points needed to refill energy and 10pts to refill awake used thats 52500/20 = 2,625 stats per point used.

Even assuming exceptional stats, it becomes hard to find targets to hit, gain exp and level rapidly between the levels given above.
    Lets however assume it is somehow exceptionally easy to level to 491and therefore 2,625 stats per point used is something easily achieved.
    Lets pause to take a moment to realize that this theoretical level 491 could be a new player struggling to level and stat up or one of hundreds of existing players who are active and have maybe 100mil stats but simply cant seem to catch up.

To gain 500mil stats to catch the strength of the 50th ranked HOF strength player would take 500,000,000/2,625 = 190,476 points
    To catch the 50th in defense it would cost almost double that
    To catch the 50th in total about triple that.
    To catch the 1st in total about 10x that many points.

The assumption here becomes that over the last 3 years these accounts put in a very fair share of either work/play/time or cash.... but most likely a combination of both. Any combination of server trading, bunnying, staffing, banner making, point buying, or account buying... all fall into time or cash. One does not want to simply throw away the accomplishments or efforts of the older HOF players. But what choices do a new player have to make up for those 3 years of time? They can play for three years, but have to hope nobody else trained. How appealing is that? 3 years from now you might be good... but probably not? Or they can buy two 500 dollar packs to get a little less then the 190k points needed? Again thats just the bottom goal listed here... appealing? Probably not. Split the time and cash... 1.5 years and 500 bucks... still sounds like an insanely ambitious goal for a 1 day old player to want to take on. And god forbid they wanted to go all the way to the top.

Again I am talking about the newest of players, 1 day old accounts... but how many 200 day old accounts are in a similar situation... they want to catch up but are in between this new player and the mountain of work to get there. Telling them 300 more days and 400 bucks isnt super appealing either.
  2. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 07:45:31 PM
    Proposed Solution: Increase awake, aka release new houses and somewhat constantly

We cant give the new players more time just ask everyone else to hold off training for a few years... a free 500 dollar credit for points seems far fetched too.

For years old players have been clicking train, getting 105 stats x energy used, waiting for energy to refill and using 'X' points to refill awake and do it again... all the while just chilling and reading the forums for 3 years. How many times does a player train in a day? 10 times a day? Which is 3,650 times a year or 10,950 trains. Of course we are picking numbers to make a point, each account trained an exact unique number of times over their 3 years... probably MUCH higher the 11k trains... but lets stick to 11k for now.

11,000 x 105 x energy used.... more or less where an accounts stats are at after 3 years
    11,000 x 105 = 1,155,000
    If we change the 105 multiplier we let 'new' trains mean more then 'old' trains that have piled up collecting dust for years.
    1,155,000 / 135 = 8,556 trains for instance
    Is it suddenly easy to catch up, no but it is easier then it was.

In our previous post we used this from an LPI
    10,000/(rnd(75,125)) x the amount of energy used
    The new home offering an average of 135 training multiplier would offer about a 13,000 awake. The amount of awake used by a level 491 would be the same... it would however be a lower PERCENT and cost less points to refill awake.

In an LPI
    At a level of 491... 500 x 105 = 52,500 stats per train, with 10 points needed to refill energy and 10pts to refill awake used thats 52500/20 = 2,625 stats per point used.
    In a new house
    At a level of 491... 500 x 135 = 67,500 stats per train, with 10 points needed to refill energy and 8pts to refill awake used thats 67500/18 = 3,750 stats per point used.

In the new house
    To gain 500mil stats to catch the strength of the 50th ranked HOF strength player would take 500,000,000/3,750 = 133,333 points

Is that easy? no... but its easier.

Lets say this player has found some faith and played for 4 months... hes put in some time, maybe hes spent 50 bucks on points. Lets say a new house offering 170 average stats multiplier. Now all those stats trained in the LPI for the last 3 years are just a little bit more obsoleted, maybe hes gaining 5,500 stats per point used meaning its way less then 133k points total he needed to catch up.

Is it easy yet? no... but it got even easier. Its probably not out of the impossible range yet, but we are getting closer.
  3. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 07:45:52 PM
    Counter Points and My Counter-Counter Points: Ill take a moment to try to settle some debate that I know will come up

Wont old players buy the new houses too and gain the same advantage?
    Yes to your specific question, BUT you missed the bigger picture. Everything they did for 3 years became less substantial and less of an obstacle to overcome, what they WILL do in the next 3 months with this new found advantage will NOT surpass what they did in the last 3 years.

Lets use much rounder numbers. Lets say the next house doubles the stats per point used. Lets assume an old player he trained the exact same number of times per day and therefore per 3 months for the last 3 years and will do so till the end of time. He has four 3 month training cycles per year and a total or 12 training cycles over his 3 years. If a new player were to catch him today in an LPI in a 3 month training cycle hed have to gain those 12 training cycles and this 13th one hes in now. But if the new house doubled stats per point used the old players 12 training cycles are now only AS GOOD AS 6 training cycles and he will gain his one 3 month training cycle... the new player will find it easier to catch up to 7 training cycles rather then 13. Advantage new player.

Doubling awake all at once is too much, consider this example more like what would happen a year after multiple houses kept getting released if an old player wasnt so active nowadays, or look at as it was intended as a way to dummy down the math.

Old HOF Players have massive stock piles of points to train in a new house, new players do not.
    Again in many cases you are right... but again is that the big picture?

The old HOFer has how many Points worth of stats verses points stockpiled?
    Well the 50th ranked player for strength has 190k points worth of strength, I very sincerely doubt he has 190k points lying around.
    If his 500mil strength is worth 20% less then 190k points, but now his 190k points are worth 20% more... that was really an even wash.

The #1 HOF Total player might have 190k points lying around maybe double that? Lets say 380k points. But remember he has 1.9million points worth of stats trained.
    If his 5billion total is now worth 20% less then 1.9million points, but his 380k points is worth 20% more... that stockpile suddenly seems less impressive.

Once the stock pile is trained... its stats... and when the NEXT house gets released the next person can do it with a percentage less points. They can train now, or get passed now, once they trained they are gone though.

Its a constant cycle favoring the person training NOW, but giving a fair weight to what was done in the past. But every few months a new house comes back that trims away a little at the value of all old training and makes new training a little more important again. If that #1 player CONTINUES to work his account harder then anyone else, harder then every other player, he will and quite obviously should stay on the top.

Whats the advantage of this for an old player in the HOF?
    Simply put... somebody new to fight. Without conflict whats the point?
    A fight is entertaining. Slaughtering someone who is weaker and always will be weaker then you is not.
    New competition from new blood players, or sparking up old feuds with players who maybe stand a chance now... thats the advantage for you.
    If you are active today, not 3 years ago, but today... you will always remain competitive.

These posts are geared towards advantages to new players, as I believe thats what will sell the idea and get it implemented. I did however have most of these ideas when I was dominatingly in the lead for stats and was desperate for competition. Competition = good game.

What the hell are you suppose to call all these houses? What comes first a gajillion or trizillion stats? I could hardly afford 280mil... how do I buy a house every 3 months?
    The system needs to be changed. Naming purposes wise Id suggest something like a 3 part house system... something like you buy land and bigger land, buy a house and bigger houses that go on the land, you can buy house accessories like dog house, swimming pool, tennis courts, security gate, walls, missile silos...whatever... everything increase awake. I dont have 'THE' system perfected but thats the idea.

Stats would soon get TOO huge to comprehend. Something would have to be done to fairly scale back all stats and the awake value of houses. If #1 HOF Total still is 10x stronger then #50 HOF strength and it takes that many points to catch up then all is equivalent. Think of movies... they never blew up new york yet for a movie... but lots of table sized models of it. The big building are still bigger then the small ones even when on the small table. Enough said... thats the vague idea... it needs work.

How can you afford it... you cant the way it is today... costs need to be scaled back... WAAAAAYYYY back. You want people to work to get this but not this much. Costs are important, i dont have the math worked out for it, as you can see I put a lot of energy into the justifications for this and frankly Im tired. Ive worked up and lost or deleted the maths in the past... I do know prices need to come down to make this function. This part of it needs work too.
  4. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 07:46:10 PM
    A little more justification and how it works
    I honestly feel that the LPI being the top house for so long has done a lot of damage to the game. Hopefully the novel before this has shown you this is my honest opinion and that I feel very strongly that correcting this is vital to MD continuing as it once was. I also feel that so much damage has been done over the years that this is in NO WAY an instant fix. But each house will make it better, and more competitive each step of the way until it is fixed. By fixed I mean stockpiles are burnt up and the gap to the HOF is way less.

I think once the game is 'fixed' a theoretical line in the middle of the HOF total should be picked, maybe 20th or so? When a level 500 account needs 250k points to pass that 20th ranked account, a new house upgrade is released to bring it down to 200k or 220k points for that level 500 to catch up. Maybe those arent the exact numbers, but something like that, something that means fairly regular releases. But something that does not make a HOF account valueless. 250k points is kind of a lot, but people have bought this many points in the past, expecting new players to drop SOME cash to beat the players who have dropped cash isnt completely outrageous. And 250k points to get to the middle of the HOF Total verses 600k to get to the bottom of it... is a huge difference from where we started.

I want to see wars start and people think about training again. Not log out, nor ONLY talk shit in the forums, and not just stock up on certs... who the hell plans to lose? Give people hope on out training others, and the game will become much more competitive, hostile, and fun again. Does anyone remember when a war started and you bought a 40 dollar point pack? and it made all the difference in the world?
  5. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 07:47:19 PM
    Cliffs: First I hate you for not reading all of that, but we need new houses, +1 this asshole :mad:
  6. Gr8fulDane @ 01 Jun 2011 07:56:38 PM
    Too big of words......
  7. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 07:58:24 PM
    i know i know... but if you really want to see new houses... take some time read it and add intelligent posts...

Dave's trying to improve the game and entertaining ideas... i think hes on the other side of the fence on this one so convince him.
  8. Gr8fulDane @ 01 Jun 2011 08:00:19 PM
    But Nitro...... Us high levels can gain cash VERY quickly from crimes, searching etc.......

Meaning that we would also be able to get these homes, and then that would even increase our stats even more which would make us go farther away from those little people.
  9. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 08:01:34 PM
    did you read the counter point to high levels buying the homes too or is that an attempt at counter pointing it?
  10. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 08:02:59 PM

You do NOT gain enough cash to do enough crimes in the new house to undo the damage of your stats now being worth 20% less points.
  11. Gr8fulDane @ 01 Jun 2011 08:07:21 PM
    I'm confused....... So you would gain MORE stats with LESS points in this new home?

*insert my last post here*
  12. [#14] Mister Moist @ 01 Jun 2011 08:09:29 PM
    Total: 6,083,888,404

:shifty:
  13. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 08:09:48 PM
    Read the posts... quote my math and present yours that you feel counters it.
  14. Gr8fulDane @ 01 Jun 2011 08:12:50 PM
    Nitro, have you seen the points HoF?

Most of the people in there are in another HoF (str/spd/def)
  15. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 08:13:36 PM
    Not trying to be a jerk Meyers... but you are skipping over facts to say how you feel... I can requote my own posts to debunk what you are saying but lets keep this productive?