Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Why we need new houses...

1. [#14] Mister Moist @ 01 Jun 2011 08:56:52 PM
    i don't mind giving other players a chance to catch up to me in stats. I relish the opportunity of new players in the HOF. However, to take away from what I have accomplished, what I have achieved...would be...well, insulting.
  2. [#14] Mister Moist @ 01 Jun 2011 09:01:53 PM
    to sum up:

+1 for new houses

-1 for scaling

Nitro, you will go on my black list if this scaling shit happens. :haha:
  3. Johnson Llopis @ 01 Jun 2011 09:02:00 PM
    New Houses: yes
    Scaling: yes

The issue still arises that there is no way to counter a person with a lot of time and a lot of money. There is one very simple reason for this and that is the fact that when it comes down to it, MafiaDeath takes ZERO, and I do mean Zero, LUCK!

There has to be LUCK added to this game for it to be fair, otherwise it becomes too mathematical and calculated and no new player will want to play.

The idea of LUCK has been played with here on MD, in the gambling sections and with the random give aways of rares, but it's never been fully utilized.

Two ways to fix this:
    1. RARE ITEMS that actually matter and can only be obtained by actually playing the game and found with LUCK, not calculation.
    2. JOBS THAT MATTER, that actually change the way a player plays this game. Right now jobs just supply a very small, almost useless amount of money. Make the jobs matter and make them change a players game play.

The addition of LUCK makes plays DECIDE and it's decisions that actually change the way you play, that will ultimately make this game interesting.
  4. [#14] Mister Moist @ 01 Jun 2011 09:03:50 PM
    if scaling were to happen, Dave would also need to scale back levels...

im fairly certain defense players will not like that :haha:
  5. Johnson Llopis @ 01 Jun 2011 09:05:02 PM
    oh, an a really, REALLY easy way to keep players...make lvling from 1-20 or even 1-10 insanely easy. It wont ruin any old players day, but it will give good positive feedback to new players...give them a bit of hope.
  6. ☢KLAX☢ @ 01 Jun 2011 09:07:32 PM
    i like the idea nitro, i like the idea of scaling too, it doesnt make you weaker but it makes the newer players think that they could catch up thus wanting to play more, meaning the game is more active.

+1
  7. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 09:10:43 PM
    I do actually believe levels and stats are a little apples and oranges...

levels come into play for defense fights... but if its scaled its the same... if this were needed to make it happen im willing to throw it in :haha:
  8. B @ 01 Jun 2011 09:12:38 PM
    Read it all. Strong +1

I remember reading a very similar copy a year or so ago, wish it would have been taken more seriously
  9. [#14] Mister Moist @ 01 Jun 2011 09:14:58 PM
    i think if you really want to follow through on your scaling idea Nitro, you should make a different thread for it.
  10. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 09:17:38 PM
    Scaling is kinda a small potato... a detail that i think makes the main idea happen. I think if the overall concept is bought then lots of details including that need to be worked out.
  11. Lolly Squirrel @ 01 Jun 2011 09:31:25 PM
    i dont think the scaling will really help at all you could add 3 0's to every # on the game and as long as people realize what they can get for a train in the best house is scaled the same it wont really matter

i get like 50-60k for an avg train now with a lil over 2bill total
    if you make it 5-6k train with 200mill it wont change anything
  12. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 09:43:37 PM
    functionally changes very little to what exists.

but if you scale stats down,you can scale awake down which scales training down, which means smaller changes to awake do bigger things percentage wise...

its not an exponential problem... so maybe it really doesnt matter or change much.
  13. Big C @ 01 Jun 2011 10:38:10 PM
    just buy a HOF account... that solves everything
  14. Nitrored @ 01 Jun 2011 10:41:37 PM
    anything to NOT play the game... buying an account is a good substitute for functioning game play :rasberry:
  15. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 01 Jun 2011 10:46:00 PM
    New houses paired with continuous degradation in prices of previously released houses