Forum

Forum » News

ACCOUNT SALES REMINDER

1. McBain @ 12 May 2015 03:31:53 AM
    If you are selling your account please read the TOS. If you are selling using paypal or any other money service, and waiting for the money to clear before notifying staff, the account sale will not be allowed.

It is urged when doing these account transactions that any and all conversations pertaining to this be in game so there is a record of it. Thus protecting all parties if there is an issue.

However, keep in mind Mafia Death is not responsible for account sales and you do so at your own risk.

http://md1.mafiadeath.com/tos.php
  2. [BDU] ¡ƎIϽ˥ @ 12 May 2015 04:15:43 AM
    meh!:shifty:
  3. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 04:27:05 AM
    Good to know. But I've never had any problems with the previous sales I've made. Will keep this in mind.
  4. [H~I] Graydog @ 12 May 2015 05:10:33 AM
    I don't understand what the first sentence means. I just reread the TOS, and I am still too dumb.

If you are selling your account please read the TOS. If you are selling using paypal or any other money service, and waiting for the money to clear before notifying staff, the account sale will not be allowed.

We can sell an acct and get paid by Paypal, or not?

Waiting for the money to clear...um, that sounds smart.

I'm thinking that the issue is that the acct password cannot be given to the buyer until staff says, yes, because if the buyer logs in, it's like they have two accts without permission.

So, am I totally off base and there is another aspect of the rules that I don't understand?

Thank you
  5. tanKgirl!™ @ 12 May 2015 06:25:58 AM

the key word here is BEFORE

ALWAYS notify staff before you send any cash

you don't give the log in details until the cash has cleared

sending the cash -waiting for it to clear and AFTERWARDS telling staff - dumb move :facepalm:

6. tanKgirl!™ @ 12 May 2015 06:27:08 AM
    it's "how to avoid being scammed 101"

also you haven't even been given permission to sell/buy

what happens if you have sent the money and the sale is denied?
  7. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 06:34:46 AM
    You have no reason to deny anyone here a sale. Nor does it say in the TOS that staff must be notified BEFORE payment is sent.
  8. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 06:35:23 AM
    And I mean come on. When the fuck have I ever scammed ANYONE out of anything other than bitgods LPI?
  9. [~?~] ѕ𝓀𝐲β𝕝 @ 12 May 2015 06:55:44 AM
    Well it goes like this

Person 1: Hey I paid for an account and he scammed me!
    Staff: I have no idea what yr talking about :erm: Theres no notes of any transfers
    1: I wantz my account nao! :scream:
    Person 2: I was gonna give it to them...maybe...:shifty: once the money cleared and they had no proof of anything
  10. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 06:57:46 AM
    The whole sale situation is all about your risk. As it states in the Terms of Service, MD isn't responsible for anything but noting the moves.
  11. [~?~] ѕ𝓀𝐲β𝕝 @ 12 May 2015 07:01:50 AM
    So you are a scammer! :shock:
  12. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 07:02:13 AM
    Not that I'm trying to rip anyone off, but this situation was brought up because staff was reading my mail between me and a potential buyer, and I told him I'd send notes once payment cleared. It's the same thing as trading game points/cash. There's gonna be a risk.
    But just like you wouldn't send your items until you Recieved payment, I don't fill out the notes until payment clears. I have always done it that way, and up until now had no issues doing so. The person paying on PayPal can also retract their payment. Where is the made up bs in tos protecting us seller's from that.
  13. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 07:05:12 AM
    The reason this was brought up was because it involved me.
    Anyone else could sell however the fuck they want, and so could I up til today, when I was told some bs about staff approving or denying the move and the order in which I was allowed to go about selling my account.
  14. Unethical Ethix @ 12 May 2015 07:06:02 AM
    I do believe that retracting payments for any purely electronic based goods, such as an online account, via Paypal is next to impossible. :wink:
  15. [BDU] •Thomas Shelby• @ 12 May 2015 07:07:25 AM
    Are you fucking kidding me smart guy? Please tell me you didn't try to just show me up with some totally non factual statement. I'll have you know that is completely untrue. It takes but a click of a button to refund a sent payment from EITHER party.