Forum

Forum » Suggestions

"Stat Packs"

1. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Jan 2012 12:54:24 AM
    I find the potential to stash a couple of these away in your inventory until you need it to be intriguing, but I don't feel this adds much to the game unless...

To side more with Aerten on this, I feel these could be good for noobs. Make the packs straightforward (fixed stat gain for everyone), no variability in regards to houses/level/etc and make it transferable. As a gang, we could purchase these and hand them out to worthy noobs and help them position themselves better in the game.

I do think players should take a cut by using these (in comparison to training the hard way). You should be able to get better stats by training the old fashion way. With that said, the prices Wiener suggested looks ok.
  2. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 01:01:54 AM
    Only thing with that is..... You have a noob that is "worthy" of getting a "stat pack" of 100M stats... It turns players higher than them that are working their way up into bunnies without someone having worked to beat them.. cuz being realistic.. it's not just gonna be a worthy noob that has earned it from a gang that will get these packs.

I don't think ANYONE should be spoon fed stats. It's a game, it should be played. You wouldn't buy an xbox game then spend more to skip over part of the game, would you?

I really think some people just want to be handed things now on this game and don't want to work for it.
  3. Red Slanty @ 16 Jan 2012 01:07:35 AM
    Also, these "worthy" noobs would need to really prove themselves to be given a 50k item. :hmm:
  4. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Jan 2012 01:07:55 AM
    The decision of spending 50k points on a noob is a huge one. I'm actually thinking much smaller than that. Like just a couple million stats to transition them into the game.
  5. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Jan 2012 01:10:52 AM
    Of course the 50k packs would still be an option.
  6. Red Slanty @ 16 Jan 2012 01:11:50 AM
    :hmm: I think it's a bad idea, myself. If you want to help them get into the game, give them the points, teach them how to train.
    Don't do it for them.
  7. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Jan 2012 01:14:51 AM
    It really isn't that hard to train. Boosting their stats a bit isn't going cripple their ability to train in the future.
  8. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 01:15:11 AM
    Yea.. Teaching noobs is how it should be done, that's how we all learned, was it not?

Someone taught us... or we formed in little groups and figured it out.
  9. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 01:16:57 AM
    Also.. giving say a level 50 players say a 10M stat pack.. for teh same price that a level 300 could buy one... Isn't fair either.

Your stat gain goes by housing/level. To get the stats at a lower level for less points isn't fair. I'm all for helping noobs but it's not fair to spoon feed them.
  10. Red Slanty @ 16 Jan 2012 01:20:14 AM
    I know, but I'm saying why wouldn't you tell them to go train 2k points? It takes... 20 minutes? Putting stat packs into the game save a couple hours of training each time, sure. But then it takes out a vital part of the game.

Training is a main part of the game. I don't understand the point in the stat packs. Want to give them to a noob? Give them points. It's an addition that wouldn't benefit anyone majorly. Noobs would get stats, but they could train the points in a day or two, and actually play the game. It only effects players that are current hitters. They can outstat competition in minutes, which isn't great.
  11. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 16 Jan 2012 01:22:03 AM
    thinking it through i see there could be some holes. nvm :eek:

12. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 01:31:16 AM
    I just think it's far too big of a short cut and would effect the game in the wrong way.
  13. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 03:56:53 AM
    Smoof, Luke, and everyone else

Here is a thought you may ALL enjoy in addition to what has already been discussed.

Make the smaller Stat Packs available for purchase through the City Store in Salem, called "Mister Moist's Market" :haha:

[b]You can buy the following Stat Packs:
    [/b]
    FOR IN GAME CASH (Money)
    Transferable Stat Packs:
    5 Mill Stat Pack - 2,500 Premium Points
    10 Mill Stat Pack - 5,000 Premium Points
    25 Mill Stat Pack - 12,500 Premium Points
    50 Mill Stat Pack - 25,000 Premium Points

[colour=#ff0000]Non-Transferable Stat Packs:
    [/colour]100 Million Stat Pack - 50K POINT DEALER POINTS - OR - $200.00 PAYPAL
    250 Million Stat Pack - 125K POINT DEALER POINTS - OR - $500.00 PAYPAL
    500 Million Stat Pack - 250K POINT DEALER POINTS - OR - $1,000.00 PAYPAL
    750 Million Stat Pack - 375K POINT DEALER POINTS - OR - $1,500.00 PAYPAL
    1 Billion Stat pack - 500K POINT DEALER POINTS - OR - $2,000.00 PAYPAL

Would you guys like something like that, where some Stat Packs CAN be Transferred as well as the Larger packs that will REMAIN NON TRANSFERABLE.

This seems like a good middle point for the entire suggestion. With everything that has been said and discussed so far.

[colour=#0072ff]ALSO TO NOTE FROM PREVIOUS POSTS:
    [/colour]
    You can only buy the best Stat Pack deals through the shop downtown for POINT DEALER POINTS if you own the best housing and land. Then for players who DO NOT own the best housing, have their Stat Pack Prices scaled to your liking.

Stat packs do not take away the option to train normally. The Stat Pack price I suggested for example purposes costs roughly 10K points more than it would to train 100 mill stats click by click by click in the gym.

The purchase of said "Stat Packs" should only be available for purchase through a specific city store, Salem for example. Salem access requires 5 gold medals.

Have the Stat Packs be in a city store in Salem, so new players WILL have to work their accounts and get a feel for the game before they are eligible to purchase stat packs for in game point dealer points, premium points or for paypal.

This will give the new players something to work for, and will inspire them to get those 5 medals, to get their LPI and Mansion, to mug, to crime, to hit, to be active.

Once they have proven themselves, they can then purchase stat packs from the store, and be able to use them on their accounts, or sell them on market and to other players.

14. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 03:57:47 AM
    oops missed a BBcode..oh well you guys get the point

take a minute and read I think you will enjoy the changes i made :shoopdawhoop:
  15. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 04:24:29 AM
    hmm something was wrong there

well that would be the points value for those transferable ones :haha:

i will throw out the money figures in a sec